Any previous Kaplan Students???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

portlander

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone out there who had taken the Kaplan DAT prep couse could share how much they improved from the initial diagnostic test to the actual DAT??? What did you do to study?

I need some real encouragement:)

Carmel

Members don't see this ad.

i took kaplan before my dat...when i took the diagnostic, i got like 15's -17's....on the test i got 21 perceptual/20 academic....you just need to take the practice tests, over and over and learn the questions...I basically made studying a full time job studying about 10 -12 hrs/day for a month and a half....

Hello:
I have taken kaplen in my preparatoin for dental school, my diognostic test sucked, but at the end of the term, the result was great. Just do what you the book tell you to do, do the practice tests, library and you will do fine. By the way I am from Portland too and I got accepted into dental school in the eastern state let me know if you have any more question.
I wish you the best

Sincerely

Doctor2Be

i'm pretty much in the same boat as cusp of carabelli...i took kaplan, started off with really low diagnostic scores...but after a couple of months of intense studying (followed the kaplan syllabus to the T), i was able to significantly improve my score in every section (above 20's). the program works...if you put in the time/effort.