• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Herbert

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Often, vacancies aren't posted on SAEM.org. so I was wondering if any of you knew about an unexpected vacancies for a PGY-2 position in a 2,3,4 program.

I am currently an internal medicine resident and would like to switch over

thanks for the help , guys

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
May 3, 2004
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I know Cook County often holds a spot open. Thats one option but I dont know if they filled it or what.

About the Ads

Ceez

15+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
how does it work if you match into a 2-4 EM program after doing an IM residency? do you just start at the PGY-2 level or do you repeat internship?

Nov 24, 2002
SCREW IT!
how does it work if you match into a 2-4 EM program after doing an IM residency? do you just start at the PGY-2 level or do you repeat internship?

Unless the person applies during the PGY-2 year, if the person matches 2-4, they'll have a year off, then start as EM-1 (normally PGY-2, but, PGY-4 in this case). One year of GME is required - three years is extra.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.