Any Re-Applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD4Life

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, for those who were reapplicants and got in this year, did you change your Personal Statement completely for PharmCAS and the supplemental application for each of the schools you've applied to before or just slightly modified it? I had a good story of why I wanted to go into pharmacy and if I change it, I might have to write the whole thing over again (it was exactly 4500 characters). I applied to a few schools, got interviews, but rejected at the end, I want to apply to the same schools next year, and also apply to more schools next year as well. Any Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same predicament.I too have a good story for choosing pharmacy, which I do not want to change.And I want to apply to same schools again if I do not get in this time (applied to 2 schools, got interviews from both, waiting result from 1 and waitlisted in other).

Also what about essay type questions.I can improve them but do not want to change the theme or subject matter.Any advice.... :confused:

yup...same here. i got interviews but it doesn't look good as far as them actually accepting me. if got the interviews, will it be necessary to change my application around? i figured that i just need to work on my interview skills. otherwise, getting interviews means i look good on paper, doesn't it? so i plan to keep the same essays but i dont know...what do u guys think? (sorry, my 'shift' button doesn't work.....smiley face.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a couple interviews with my application this year. If it turns out that I need to reapply again next year, I think I would defitely keep the personal statement the same. But what I would do is add to the supplemental application. Some schools have an optional portion on their application to ask if you anything else you would like them to know. Or there may also be a portion where the school asks if you've applied in previous years and what you have done to make yourself a better applicant this year. I think the personal statement I would keep as is. Afterall, that is one of the things that got us into the interview in the first place. :)

How long was you guys' personal statement (# of characters)? I don't want to make mine too short, but I'm not sure what too short really is.

After I was denied from OSU last year I made an appointment with my advisor to find out what went wrong and how I could improve my application. She made it clear that my interview, my writing samples, and my prerequisite grades were all fine. It turns out that I was lacking in my E.C. and volunteer sections. So, at OSU the decisions are not made only based on the interview and it would be misleading to think your personal statement is perfect just because you get the interview. Although I felt my writing was pretty good to start with, I re-read it before applying this year and realized it had some pretty big errors. My advise is to at the very least revise it. Having a good story is not the same thing as telling a good story.

Good Luck! ;)

macoor said:
After I was denied from OSU last year I made an appointment with my advisor to find out what went wrong and how I could improve my application. She made it clear that my interview, my writing samples, and my prerequisite grades were all fine. It turns out that I was lacking in my E.C. and volunteer sections. So, at OSU the decisions are not made only based on the interview and it would be misleading to think your personal statement is perfect just because you get the interview. Although I felt my writing was pretty good to start with, I re-read it before applying this year and realized it had some pretty big errors. My advise is to at the very least revise it. Having a good story is not the same thing as telling a good story.

Good Luck! ;)

Did you reapply this year and get accepted after strengthening your application?