Any recent Jefferson Rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BasesofHumanity

Cardiology Rules, so far
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a letter from Jefferson and don't know if it's a rejection or invitation to interview. Won't get home for a few days and can't open it.

Has anyone got a rejection in the past few days in mail?

Members don't see this ad.

just got a rejection in the mail today

I know, I got a rejection too, but what the heck? pdiddy348, i saw your stats and why?? i thought jefferson wasn't a toughie..

Members don't see this ad :)
Mines on the way I assume.

USArmyDoc said:
Mines on the way I assume.

OOOHHHHH goody. I haven't gotten a rejection yet! They can be my first! (Esp since I almost forgot I applied there).

diosa428 said:
OOOHHHHH goody. I haven't gotten a rejection yet! They can be my first! (Esp since I almost forgot I applied there).

Is it humanly possible to sound more haughty than diosa just did? And considering that you wrote "I forgot I applied there," you definitely have been accepted other places....

Maybe Jefferson means nothing to you, but to alot of people who are as smart and/or smarter than you, who are struggling to maybe get in one place and who consider Jefferson important, I don't think they want to hear about how "Jefferson can be your first!!! yay!!"

although this is an internet message board, and I suppose you can say whatever you want - I just thought since you want to become an MD, a little tact might be in place....

I haven't heard from them since the end of July....so yeah, i guess i belong here in the rejection pool.

Batmaan21 said:
Is it humanly possible to sound more haughty than diosa just did? And considering that you wrote "I forgot I applied there," you definitely have been accepted other places....

Maybe Jefferson means nothing to you, but to alot of people who are as smart and/or smarter than you, who are struggling to maybe get in one place and who consider Jefferson important, I don't think they want to hear about how "Jefferson can be your first!!! yay!!"

although this is an internet message board, and I suppose you can say whatever you want - I just thought since you want to become an MD, a little tact might be in place....

FYI - I was being sarcastic. I applied to 16 schools - complete in August - and have not heard a word from 8 of them, Jefferson included. I know that many of them have been rejecting, but for some reason none of them feel like rejecting (or interviewing) me. So yes, I AM actually looking forward to getting rejections, as I would like some closure to this miserable process. I am sick of hoping that no news is good news, because at this point it's probably not. And it's pretty easy to forget where you've applied when you've applied to so many and they don't even bother to send you an email to tell you you're on pre-interview hold, or give any indication that they've even looked at your application.

In any case, I did not post to sound "haughty" or rub anything in anyone's face, considering I have ONE acceptance, to my state school, I don't really have a lot to be showing off. I was just venting my frustrations. If you're still hoping to get into Jefferson, best of luck to you. If, for some reason, they do invite me to interview, I will decline it with the hope that someone else who wants to go there will get it.

diosa428 said:
FYI - I was being sarcastic. I applied to 16 schools - complete in August - and have not heard a word from 8 of them, Jefferson included. I know that many of them have been rejecting, but for some reason none of them feel like rejecting (or interviewing) me. So yes, I AM actually looking forward to getting rejections, as I would like some closure to this miserable process. I am sick of hoping that no news is good news, because at this point it's probably not. And it's pretty easy to forget where you've applied when you've applied to so many and they don't even bother to send you an email to tell you you're on pre-interview hold, or give any indication that they've even looked at your application.

In any case, I did not post to sound "haughty" or rub anything in anyone's face, considering I have ONE acceptance, to my state school, I don't really have a lot to be showing off. I was just venting my frustrations. If you're still hoping to get into Jefferson, best of luck to you. If, for some reason, they do invite me to interview, I will decline it with the hope that someone else who wants to go there will get it.

Please accept my sincere apology Diosa. It is I that am wrong in this situation. I suppose this process has put me on edge as well,and rather than just read your post and not look at the possibility of it being negative, I let it be the subject of a rant. I'm sorry :(. I wish you the best -a nd hey, be proud of your acceptance - it only takes 1 acceptance to recieve an MD!!!! :)

Me too! But seeing as I knew nothing about the school, I didn't care (got a few interviews at places I really like). And after tigress posting about the students being douchebags, I'm actually happy :laugh:

I got my pre-interview rejection too. My reaction "WTF????????" I know they are snobs, but come on, my numbers are right on target with their averages for matriculants. No interview???????? They probably just flip a coin, and don't read your file, I hate them now.

DrKitty said:
I got my pre-interview rejection too. My reaction "WTF????????" I know they are snobs, but come on, my numbers are right on target with their averages for matriculants. No interview???????? They probably just flip a coin, and don't read your file, I hate them now.

Sounds like I will have something to look forward to in the mail relatively soon if they are seding these out now.