Any recent Penn interviewees heard back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoF27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought that Penn had a really quick turn-around on decisions after interviews (less than/around one week). It' been a week and a half since my interview and I'm getting nervous. I just want to know either way...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed on 2/8; got a letter here in calif 2/17

currently deciding 'tween UPenn & Tufts; gotta fedex a check out tomorrow...

Do you think it would be bad to call/e-mail Corky and ask when I might expect to hear back? I just really want to know!! I mean, if they're going to waitlist or reject you, why not just TELL YOU! How does that hurt anything??

Has anyone who's interviewed on or after the 15th heard anything back yet?

hey, aren't you korean? just wondering. i interviewed on the same day. (i'm korean too) anyway i haven't heard anything yet. i called them to check my status, and they said a decision was made, but they would not tell me anything about it. i'll just have to wait to get the mail. personately, i don't think it will be a good one....

So which one did you choose?

future penn dental students,
don't loose hope :)

I thought Penn dental was one of the best dental schools, it was hard to give up my spot at Penn. but, in the end, i know someone else will take my place and become a great dentist who treats his/her patient whole-heartedly to people of all backgrounds.

Good luck you guys, and those of you who get in.
have a wonderful 4 years at dental school.
i know you'll love it. best wishes!:oops:

future penn dental students,
don't loose hope :)

I thought Penn dental was one of the best dental schools, it was hard to give up my spot at Penn. but, in the end, i know someone else will take my place and become a great dentist who treats his/her patient whole-heartedly to people of all backgrounds.

Good luck you guys, and those of you who get in.
have a wonderful 4 years at dental school.
i know you'll love it. best wishes!:oops:

Thanks for letting us know :)

hey, aren't you korean? just wondering. i interviewed on the same day. (i'm korean too) anyway i haven't heard anything yet. i called them to check my status, and they said a decision was made, but they would not tell me anything about it. i'll just have to wait to get the mail. personately, i don't think it will be a good one....

yup, that was me, the old korean guy. i got my letter about 10 days after, agonized over penn & tufts, and then sent in my deposit to penn 10 days after that; it was due on 3/1.

let me know what happens!

yup, that was me, the old korean guy. i got my letter about 10 days after, agonized over penn & tufts, and then sent in my deposit to penn 10 days after that; it was due on 3/1.

let me know what happens!

i got waitlisted.... it's not good, but i thought worse was going to happen, so i feel kinda relieved. since i still have a hope, i'll just have to wait. i hope to see you again!! btw it was fun to talk to you on that day. i was the last person who walked to the school with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
how long is the waitlist? and what are the chances you being accepted after being waitlisted? I know PENN stops interviewing in march...

i got waitlisted.... it's not good, but i thought worse was going to happen, so i feel kinda relieved. since i still have a hope, i'll just have to wait. i hope to see you again!! btw it was fun to talk to you on that day. i was the last person who walked to the school with you.

waitlisted - wow, you're right, don't know what to say - that's not great news, but not bad news either. I sure hope some spots open up for you so we can be in the same class! Do you have other acceptances to fall back on for now?

Did you deduce that, or did you get some sort of letter about being on the waitlist?
QUOTE]

i got a letter. it was a medium sized letter, so i guess that means waitlist. small letter=rejection, big letter=acceptance. lol

waitlisted - wow, you're right, don't know what to say - that's not great news, but not bad news either. I sure hope some spots open up for you so we can be in the same class! Do you have other acceptances to fall back on for now?

so far, boston. bu is great, but i am concerned about the living cost.

so far, boston. bu is great, but i am concerned about the living cost.

Congrats on BU! well, at least you've got somewhere to go in the fall. Boston was a tough town for me to turn down (Tufts); I've heard sooo many great things about it. I do hope Penn gives you a call..

Has anyone else heard from PENN after being interviewed in Feb?

-

Last edited:
I called them yesterday and they said that "no decision" has been made yet. You can call and ask them and they'll tell you if a decision has been made and something has been sent to you or if no decision has been made yet.

guys hang on tight, at least one more spot will be open real soon, it's about time they received my withdral letter.

Good luck!:love:

I called them yesterday and they said that "no decision" has been made yet. You can call and ask them and they'll tell you if a decision has been made and something has been sent to you or if no decision has been made yet.

they said the same to me...i wonder why they're taking so long. i interviewed feb 1. a lot of people heard back righit away.

they said the same to me...i wonder why they're taking so long. i interviewed feb 1. a lot of people heard back righit away.

I interviewed with LOF27 on the same day and she got something! I just want to know either way already!

I interviewed on the 23rd of feb...haven't heard yet..but I do know a decision is in the mail. and...I can't sleep at night.

anyone with me?

Has anyone heard any good news from PENN today? I hope so!

hey u guys,
I'm new to this thread....i interviewed at Upenn on feb 23rd as well! and...a decision was made and mailed to me. but i have a problem: well i'm a canadian student and i got accepted at UBC (University of British Columbia)...great school but obviously Upenn is better! lol neways, i have to give UBC the down payment by this friday....it's $8900!!!! but i dunno when the letter from Upenn will get here....ahhh i'm going crazy!
any advice?

Hey Nunn,

I remember Corky saying that if u are in a time squeeze for deposits, u can call her and she will let you know the decision. esp when UBC's deposit is so much.

Hope that helps.

how long is the waitlist? and what are the chances you being accepted after being waitlisted? I know PENN stops interviewing in march

THx Gsman....i called and found out i'm waitlisted! sigh! at least now the wait's over

Hey Nunn,

I remember Corky saying that if u are in a time squeeze for deposits, u can call her and she will let you know the decision. esp when UBC's deposit is so much.

Hope that helps.

I called and let them know I'm facing a $750 WAITLIST deposit at Tufts (that sucks if you ask me) - they haven't made a decision about me yet, so they said they will decide and send out their decision by the end of the week. Now I'm really nervous. On the plus side I really like how they're vert accomodating to people in our situation.