LoF27

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I thought that Penn had a really quick turn-around on decisions after interviews (less than/around one week). It' been a week and a half since my interview and I'm getting nervous. I just want to know either way...

About the Ads

Career Change

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
interviewed on 2/8; got a letter here in calif 2/17

currently deciding 'tween UPenn & Tufts; gotta fedex a check out tomorrow...

LoF27

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Do you think it would be bad to call/e-mail Corky and ask when I might expect to hear back? I just really want to know!! I mean, if they're going to waitlist or reject you, why not just TELL YOU! How does that hurt anything??

lava890

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Has anyone who's interviewed on or after the 15th heard anything back yet?

jxh4740

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

hey, aren't you korean? just wondering. i interviewed on the same day. (i'm korean too) anyway i haven't heard anything yet. i called them to check my status, and they said a decision was made, but they would not tell me anything about it. i'll just have to wait to get the mail. personately, i don't think it will be a good one....

illustrator

Web Development
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
Utah
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
future penn dental students,
don't loose hope :)

I thought Penn dental was one of the best dental schools, it was hard to give up my spot at Penn. but, in the end, i know someone else will take my place and become a great dentist who treats his/her patient whole-heartedly to people of all backgrounds.

Good luck you guys, and those of you who get in.
have a wonderful 4 years at dental school.
i know you'll love it. best wishes!:oops:

lava890

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
future penn dental students,
don't loose hope :)

I thought Penn dental was one of the best dental schools, it was hard to give up my spot at Penn. but, in the end, i know someone else will take my place and become a great dentist who treats his/her patient whole-heartedly to people of all backgrounds.

Good luck you guys, and those of you who get in.
have a wonderful 4 years at dental school.
i know you'll love it. best wishes!:oops:

Thanks for letting us know :)

Career Change

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

hey, aren't you korean? just wondering. i interviewed on the same day. (i'm korean too) anyway i haven't heard anything yet. i called them to check my status, and they said a decision was made, but they would not tell me anything about it. i'll just have to wait to get the mail. personately, i don't think it will be a good one....

yup, that was me, the old korean guy. i got my letter about 10 days after, agonized over penn & tufts, and then sent in my deposit to penn 10 days after that; it was due on 3/1.

let me know what happens!

jxh4740

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

yup, that was me, the old korean guy. i got my letter about 10 days after, agonized over penn & tufts, and then sent in my deposit to penn 10 days after that; it was due on 3/1.

let me know what happens!

i got waitlisted.... it's not good, but i thought worse was going to happen, so i feel kinda relieved. since i still have a hope, i'll just have to wait. i hope to see you again!! btw it was fun to talk to you on that day. i was the last person who walked to the school with you.

About the Ads

lava890

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

kn0101

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
how long is the waitlist? and what are the chances you being accepted after being waitlisted? I know PENN stops interviewing in march...

Career Change

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i got waitlisted.... it's not good, but i thought worse was going to happen, so i feel kinda relieved. since i still have a hope, i'll just have to wait. i hope to see you again!! btw it was fun to talk to you on that day. i was the last person who walked to the school with you.

waitlisted - wow, you're right, don't know what to say - that's not great news, but not bad news either. I sure hope some spots open up for you so we can be in the same class! Do you have other acceptances to fall back on for now?

jxh4740

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Did you deduce that, or did you get some sort of letter about being on the waitlist?
QUOTE]

i got a letter. it was a medium sized letter, so i guess that means waitlist. small letter=rejection, big letter=acceptance. lol

jxh4740

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
waitlisted - wow, you're right, don't know what to say - that's not great news, but not bad news either. I sure hope some spots open up for you so we can be in the same class! Do you have other acceptances to fall back on for now?

so far, boston. bu is great, but i am concerned about the living cost.

Career Change

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
so far, boston. bu is great, but i am concerned about the living cost.

Congrats on BU! well, at least you've got somewhere to go in the fall. Boston was a tough town for me to turn down (Tufts); I've heard sooo many great things about it. I do hope Penn gives you a call..

dj magic k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Has anyone else heard from PENN after being interviewed in Feb?

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I called them yesterday and they said that "no decision" has been made yet. You can call and ask them and they'll tell you if a decision has been made and something has been sent to you or if no decision has been made yet.

illustrator

Web Development
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
Utah
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
guys hang on tight, at least one more spot will be open real soon, it's about time they received my withdral letter.

Good luck!:love:

cherryblossom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I called them yesterday and they said that "no decision" has been made yet. You can call and ask them and they'll tell you if a decision has been made and something has been sent to you or if no decision has been made yet.

they said the same to me...i wonder why they're taking so long. i interviewed feb 1. a lot of people heard back righit away.

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
they said the same to me...i wonder why they're taking so long. i interviewed feb 1. a lot of people heard back righit away.

I interviewed with LOF27 on the same day and she got something! I just want to know either way already!

Liliamoana

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2006
Hawaii
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I interviewed on the 23rd of feb...haven't heard yet..but I do know a decision is in the mail. and...I can't sleep at night.

anyone with me?

Nunn

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hey u guys,
I'm new to this thread....i interviewed at Upenn on feb 23rd as well! and...a decision was made and mailed to me. but i have a problem: well i'm a canadian student and i got accepted at UBC (University of British Columbia)...great school but obviously Upenn is better! lol neways, i have to give UBC the down payment by this friday....it's $8900!!!! but i dunno when the letter from Upenn will get here....ahhh i'm going crazy!
any advice?

Gsman

10+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey Nunn,

I remember Corky saying that if u are in a time squeeze for deposits, u can call her and she will let you know the decision. esp when UBC's deposit is so much.

Hope that helps.

dj magic k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
how long is the waitlist? and what are the chances you being accepted after being waitlisted? I know PENN stops interviewing in march

Nunn

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
THx Gsman....i called and found out i'm waitlisted! sigh! at least now the wait's over

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey Nunn,

I remember Corky saying that if u are in a time squeeze for deposits, u can call her and she will let you know the decision. esp when UBC's deposit is so much.

Hope that helps.

I called and let them know I'm facing a $750 WAITLIST deposit at Tufts (that sucks if you ask me) - they haven't made a decision about me yet, so they said they will decide and send out their decision by the end of the week. Now I'm really nervous. On the plus side I really like how they're vert accomodating to people in our situation.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.