any recent test takers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryahn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what were the topics on your reading comp.?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

i just took mine this past saturday.

as far as RC topics are concerned.. you won't be able to really prepare yourself for it. i mean the test makers will throw 11~13 paragraphs (per passage) of random scientific literature at you and they want to test your ability to absorb and understand this 'new' materials on the spot.

your best bet is to practice and hone your reading skills by just doing lots of reading in diverse areas of literature.

i hope that helps

Joon1 said:
i just took mine this past saturday.

as far as RC topics are concerned.. you won't be able to really prepare yourself for it. i mean the test makers will throw 11~13 paragraphs (per passage) of random scientific literature at you and they want to test your ability to absorb and understand this 'new' materials on the spot.

your best bet is to practice and hone your reading skills by just doing lots of reading in diverse areas of literature.

i hope that helps

Heres what I think, there isnt no way in the world to study for this part.

Even if you read a scientific journal its going to ask detailed questions about it at the end, right?

ryahn said:
what were the topics on your reading comp.?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. :)

Passage#1 Heart disease
Passage#2 Intracellular communication
Passage#3 Controversial Herbal Medicine

I just took the DAT on Saturday and these were my passages. I haven't heard from anyone that had the same, so your chances might not be good on getting the same ones. I didn't know how to study for this section either which was frusturating, but what can you do. :rolleyes: