SadSmile

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
I wish I had gone on more roadtrips with friends.

I wish I had cut those classes to go to Ocean City with friends when it was beautiful outside.

I wish I had driven down to Durham, NC with friends on weekdays for the basketball games and then drive back all night to get back to school on time for the classes next day.

Now that I'm in, I wish I hadn't missed out on those things.

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
SadSmile (whoa, even your name is kinda depressing). Don't dwell on the past too much!! :D Think about the future. Otherwise, you're just gonna continue feeling like you're missing out all throughout dental school too. There's no time like the present to do crazy stuff. Is there an illicit drug you haven't tried yet? Go get some, and do it!! Serious. Haven't hooked up with anyone in a while? Go, and have some random fling. But don't lower your standards too much!! Like I said, think in the moment, if you concentrate on the past all the time you'll never move forward. :luck: :luck:

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
I'm gonna regret this semester if I don't get my a$$ in gear and finally open a book.

billiken10

I hated headgear.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Chicago, IL
Status
:D
Zurik5 said:
I wish I would have drank more, dental school blows.
LOL, sonofabi#ch! I better get to drinking! :D :D :D

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Dental Student
hrm.

I feel like there is only few things that I missed out in college, but otherwise my college expierence was great and I miss it alot.

1) Didn't expand my horizon in other subjects such as politics, or foreign affairs, and history.

2) I am not a wild type of person but I wonder what if I did some of the crazier stuff? --- not sure maybe i would regret doing the wild stuff ?

but overall I actually miss college and wish I was there now.

Can't wait for Dental School tho. New Friends yippie!

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
That I stuck with my original college, Hawai'i Pacific University.

BeachLuvr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
Houston, Texas
Status
Oh wait, I do have one...

That I'd went to Pepperdine University like I'd originally planned, not let money get in the way so much.

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
BeachLuvr said:
Oh wait, I do have one...

That I'd went to Pepperdine University like I'd originally planned, not let money get in the way so much.
Hey, I've heard that Pepperdine is in Malibu. Is that true? Also, is Ben Stein a professor there?

OP
S

SadSmile

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
FYI, I'm not dwelling on the past.

It's something to think about or reflect on as you close another chapter in your life. (I sound like an Oprah p u s s y.)

Just felt like putting up the thread after phone calls with friends that graduated last year.

If this is too depressing or s h i t t y, someone can go ahead and shut this down.

xxJuiceDxx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2004
Status
Yea, I wish I had not been so damn lazy, studied harder, partied less, and spent less than 15+ hrs/week at the gym. At least my psychotic bodybuilding/powerlifting days allowed me to reach a personal best of 405 bench, 545 squat, and a 535 dead, although I was always a pec/quad/tricep tear away from injury and can not put up that kinda weight now. Ah well, I learned my lesson. :) Bring on the d-school!

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
SadSmile said:
FYI, I'm not dwelling on the past.
Ok, I guess I assumed the worst when I read the post and saw your screen-name was SadSmile. I was like: "whoa! is this person depressed or what?" Why did you decide on SadSmile? I've got some good ones: DeadPuppy, BrokenHome, InTheGutter, ...

Nendo21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
Status
ajy1013 said:
Yea, I wish I had not been so damn lazy, studied harder, partied less, and spent less than 15+ hrs/week at the gym. At least my psychotic bodybuilding/powerlifting days allowed me to reach a personal best of 405 bench, 545 squat, and a 535 dead, although I was always a pec/quad/tricep tear away from injury and can not put up that kinda weight now. Ah well, I learned my lesson. :) Bring on the d-school!

looking back at my first 3 years of undergrad i wish i had studied more and partied a bit less...wow did i just say that?! :p

lionelhutz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2004
Status
i wish i would've drank more and gotten more poon.... oh well. theres always dental school. bring on the hot white chicks as 'sc!

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
.... DyingYoung, NoChristmasThisYearKids, CustodyBattle, BlackEyedMom....

I gotta go to bed...

Dr.Bear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
NY
Status
My first semester.. it brought my GPA's down and makes scars my transcript.
Ahhh.. can't go back in time... must understand that it's simply "getting used to college life"
And I will NOT make that mistake in dental school... that's for sure.

USAF_Dentman

Go!! Get to da choppa!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
California
Status
I wish i would have went to a smaller, easier state school....

One of the other state schools has an incoming freshman gpa (from high school seniors) of 2.7..A pre-med kid said the classes are a complete joke and now has a 3.9 GPA and has gotten into 4 med schools..

bigbevo34

peon
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
ATX
Status
delicious said:
.... DyingYoung, NoChristmasThisYearKids, CustodyBattle, BlackEyedMom....

I gotta go to bed...

lol....good ones :D

TX Hopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2004
Status
I can't answer that question since I really don't remember undergrad. It was so long ago!

Oh, I wish that Watson and Crick had discovered the structure of DNA before I took biology and before I graduated. My how things have changed.

2pac

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2005
in Guru's House
Status
SadSmile said:
I wish I had gone on more roadtrips with friends.

I wish I had cut those classes to go to Ocean City with friends when it was beautiful outside.

I wish I had driven down to Durham, NC with friends on weekdays for the basketball games and then drive back all night to get back to school on time for the classes next day.

Now that I'm in, I wish I hadn't missed out on those things.

I would say if anybody has regrets, learn from them and live your life now. Forget about the past and work hard for future. Go take a trip abroad or get to clubs (I donot like to) or do what ever the hack you missed in limitations and get a taste of it now.

Bruaaaa Chuk de phutte-----------------

OP
S

SadSmile

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Now that all of my friends jumped into the real world and can't do any of the spontaneous things. I guess I'll have to do that with other future DDS's.

Also, I guess I shouldn't feel regretful because apparently, it's f'ing ******ed to be regretful.

I saw "sad smile" in a book and just stuck with me for some reason.

Delicious, it's sad that a moron like you can't appreciate oxymorons. Make sure you start from "O" in your Webster dictionary.

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2003
Toronto, Centre of Canada
Visit site
Status
I have no regrets from undergrad! I didnt study that much and bury myself in books like many people from my university would always do....I did an adequate amount of partying, had a few long term girlfriends, spent a year abroad in Europe, and was able to graduate from the #1 school in Canada and got into dental schools right away! Geez, I thought high school was so much fun, but undergrad was WAYYYY better! Ive lived such a great life so far with very few regrets...Now, lets just see how the next 4 years of dental school pans out! :hardy:

crazy8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2004
Status
Nendo21 said:
looking back at my first 3 years of undergrad i wish i had studied more and partied a bit less...wow did i just say that?! :p
none! not a one regret. I was lucky though, youngest of four, so it was easy street through and through. Man, my time out of college, the first four years, was just as much fun as school.

regrets, never. And D-school, sure tons of work, but its a different ballgame, its life, so, with that said, There is no stopping the carnival...

The Candidate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
All over the place.
Status
TX Hopeful said:
I can't answer that question since I really don't remember undergrad. It was so long ago!

Oh, I wish that Watson and Crick had discovered the structure of DNA before I took biology and before I graduated. My how things have changed.
Are you seriously that old? :laugh:

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
SadSmile said:
Delicious, it's sad that a moron like you can't appreciate oxymorons. Make sure you start from "O" in your Webster dictionary.
hmm... is SadSmile really an oxymoron? If so, I guess I am a moron given my previous posts!! :laugh: :laugh:

An oxymoron is a rhetorical device where contradictory terms are combined ("deafening silence"). Does a smile necessarily indicate happiness? I mean, I can be upset and still produce a smile (which is just a facial expression). I feel like there have been times in my life where I've been sad, but smiled to pretend that everything was okay. So, in a sense, "smiling while sad" is worse than being just sad. Anyone able to relate? Or maybe I'm the one with the issues here.... :eek: That's how I interpreted your name. In my defense, I did write those posts at 4 in the morning. "SadSmile" may be an oxymoron, but not a particularly good one.

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time dude/dudette. What do I have to argue with you about?! nil. I just had a laugh trying to think of those screennames late last night. I'm a dork!! :D :rolleyes:

airvent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Status
delicious said:
So, in a sense, "smiling while sad" is worse than being just sad.
I agree. How lonely one must feel having noone to turn to to be able to express their inner sadness.Sadsmile, to hold those feelings inside, and essentialy repress your true feelings is unhealthy. Reaching out to your fellow SDNers is a great first step, Hang in there Tiger! :thumbup:

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
airvent said:
I agree. How lonely one must feel having noone to turn to to be able to express their inner sadness.Sadsmile, to hold those feelings inside, and essentialy repress your true feelings is unhealthy. Reaching out to your fellow SDNers is a great first step, Hang in there Tiger! :thumbup:
Well, I wasn't really commenting on SadSmile there. I was just commenting on his/her name. :p

IcemanDDS

Dr of Dental Shadowing
15+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pre-Medical
Well I guess I wish I dated more girls. Now that I'm out, there's no one to date!! But the sooner i get in school somewhere, the sooner I can hopefully get some dates :D