Any RNs out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kristina85

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, any of you working as nurses? I just graduated with my BSN and always wanted to be a midwife (waiting on admissions decisions from schools around NYC area) and am just now beginning to think that maybe I want the full & complete autonomy that OB/Gyn's have. Not because I want to do C-sections per say but because I want the more complete degree of autonomy.

Any former nurses have any advice on med school applications? Is pre-med more difficult/a totally different ballgame? Nursing school was effing hard, I'm used to studying and memorizing...but hard science is more than that & I HATE labs. UGH. But i know i could tough it out if there was light at the end of the tunnel..