any schools do not require a bachelor degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrslulu

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that some dental schools do not require a bachelor degree. Does any med schools do as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I think Jefferson only requires that you have 90 credit-hours of university work, period! I'm in third year of a 4 year program at a Canadian University and I got into Jefferson. I will be switching to a 3 year degree and getting my degree in June, but Jefferson doesn't know that. They didn't even ask me anything about it at the interveiw even though my it said on my application that I was due to graduate in 2003. I don't know of any other school. you should try asking around.

i think columbia used to be the same way as jeff, but I don't know if they changed it. should say on the website.

Members don't see this ad :)
in any case, i think it must be extremely difficult to get in without a degree.

there are a fair number of schools that require only 90 credit hours and not the bachelor's degree for you to be able to matriculate. However, the expectation is that you will finish up the remaining credits during your first year (for example, by having med school credits transferred to undergrad). In any case, be careful if you do get in without a BA/BS since many state licensing boards will require you to have an undergrad degree as well
Hope this helps.