Any SDN'ers going to UCD??

Started by socal_med
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

socal_med

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone out there going to UCDavis in the fall? I didn't see any listings in the acceptance thread for UCDavis. If so, how long did it take for the admissions office to get back you post-interview? How did they notify you?

Thanks.. This site is great resource!!!
 
Hi there,

I think most of us have been posting under the UC Davis Suspense thread, or the Davis second look one.

I found out ~5 weeks after my interview, but I know a few people have been waiting months now. I got a call from Ed Dagang and then got my packet in the mail a couple weeks later.

I'm definitely going to Davis 🙂
 
Yeah, there's a bunch of us on SDN pretty regularly. It took over 3 months for the admissions committee to get back to me. They sent me a letter that got lost in the mail, so I eventually found out when I called the office. Other people on SDN waited for 4 months or so, and most found out by a phone call from Ed. If you look at these threads you can get a sense of when people heard and who will be going there in the fall 🙂


http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=99071&highlight=Davis

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=111889&highlight=Davis
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also ended up waiting around 3 months. Ed left a message saying he wanted me to call him back. I totally thought he was going to say something like, "we lost your application, can you re-send it" or "we noticed some inconsistencies on your application". I was totally surprised and elated to hear that it was an acceptance call!!!

The funny thing is that I was in a Pizza Hut solicitating donations for a non-profit I work for and the manager asked me why I was happy. After I told him I was accepted into med school, he gave me as many pizzas that I needed. 😀

My "MD" status has begun its charm...
 
long wait as well...around 3 months or so...maybe a bit more. once you get in you tend to forget 😉.
 
I called the admissions office about 6 weeks after my interview, and they told me the committee had just returned my file and I had been accepted... So I would suggest waiting a minimum of 6 weeks post-interview before calling to ask about your application. 🙂