Any SDN'ers going to UCD??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socal_med

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there going to UCDavis in the fall? I didn't see any listings in the acceptance thread for UCDavis. If so, how long did it take for the admissions office to get back you post-interview? How did they notify you?

Thanks.. This site is great resource!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I think most of us have been posting under the UC Davis Suspense thread, or the Davis second look one.

I found out ~5 weeks after my interview, but I know a few people have been waiting months now. I got a call from Ed Dagang and then got my packet in the mail a couple weeks later.

I'm definitely going to Davis :)

Yeah, there's a bunch of us on SDN pretty regularly. It took over 3 months for the admissions committee to get back to me. They sent me a letter that got lost in the mail, so I eventually found out when I called the office. Other people on SDN waited for 4 months or so, and most found out by a phone call from Ed. If you look at these threads you can get a sense of when people heard and who will be going there in the fall :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=99071&highlight=Davis

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=111889&highlight=Davis

Members don't see this ad :)
I also ended up waiting around 3 months. Ed left a message saying he wanted me to call him back. I totally thought he was going to say something like, "we lost your application, can you re-send it" or "we noticed some inconsistencies on your application". I was totally surprised and elated to hear that it was an acceptance call!!!

The funny thing is that I was in a Pizza Hut solicitating donations for a non-profit I work for and the manager asked me why I was happy. After I told him I was accepted into med school, he gave me as many pizzas that I needed. :D

My "MD" status has begun its charm...

long wait as well...around 3 months or so...maybe a bit more. once you get in you tend to forget ;).

thanks for all the helpful words. good to have an idea of the pace of things at UCDavis.

how long did any of you wait before giving the admin office a call??

I called the admissions office about 6 weeks after my interview, and they told me the committee had just returned my file and I had been accepted... So I would suggest waiting a minimum of 6 weeks post-interview before calling to ask about your application. :)

I had my interview on March 10th and got a call from Ed on the 7th of April.