• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

socal_med

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2004
Status
Anyone out there going to UCDavis in the fall? I didn't see any listings in the acceptance thread for UCDavis. If so, how long did it take for the admissions office to get back you post-interview? How did they notify you?

Thanks.. This site is great resource!!!

lessismoe

Momma to Ronan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2003
CA
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Hi there,

I think most of us have been posting under the UC Davis Suspense thread, or the Davis second look one.

I found out ~5 weeks after my interview, but I know a few people have been waiting months now. I got a call from Ed Dagang and then got my packet in the mail a couple weeks later.

I'm definitely going to Davis :)

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, there's a bunch of us on SDN pretty regularly. It took over 3 months for the admissions committee to get back to me. They sent me a letter that got lost in the mail, so I eventually found out when I called the office. Other people on SDN waited for 4 months or so, and most found out by a phone call from Ed. If you look at these threads you can get a sense of when people heard and who will be going there in the fall :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=99071&highlight=Davis

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=111889&highlight=Davis

About the Ads
S

Smile'n'Wink MD

I also ended up waiting around 3 months. Ed left a message saying he wanted me to call him back. I totally thought he was going to say something like, "we lost your application, can you re-send it" or "we noticed some inconsistencies on your application". I was totally surprised and elated to hear that it was an acceptance call!!!

The funny thing is that I was in a Pizza Hut solicitating donations for a non-profit I work for and the manager asked me why I was happy. After I told him I was accepted into med school, he gave me as many pizzas that I needed. :D

My "MD" status has begun its charm...

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
long wait as well...around 3 months or so...maybe a bit more. once you get in you tend to forget ;).

socal_med

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2004
Status
thanks for all the helpful words. good to have an idea of the pace of things at UCDavis.

socal_med

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2004
Status
how long did any of you wait before giving the admin office a call??

twizzlers

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2004
California
Visit site
Status
I called the admissions office about 6 weeks after my interview, and they told me the committee had just returned my file and I had been accepted... So I would suggest waiting a minimum of 6 weeks post-interview before calling to ask about your application. :)

About the Ads