Any SGU/Ross students in the house?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LusuR

Im gud at docter
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SGUers!

I'm an M1 at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Dr. Craig Goodmurphy is our new anatomy professor. I guess he taught at St. George recently, right? If you have taken anatomy from him I would REALLY appreciate any tips and advice you could lend our class. We're pretty confused about how and what to study. Huge thanks!! :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

LusuR said:
Hi SGUers!

I'm an M1 at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Dr. Craig Goodmurphy is our new anatomy professor. I guess he taught at St. George recently, right? If you have taken anatomy from him I would REALLY appreciate any tips and advice you could lend our class. We're pretty confused about how and what to study. Huge thanks!! :horns:

Hey I went to SGU graduated this year and am at EVMS for residency. Dr. Goodmurphy is an awesome proffessor. He gets very involved with the students and is always willing to help out. I remember he gave a lecture to us when we were new first years down there about how to study in med school. It was quite good ask him if he will give it. What you are feeling is completely natural. I know I was confused. Unfortunatley there is no easy answer. Kinda have to see what works for you. It will take some time. By the way you have to ask him about his famous Pudendal nerve rap. Had the whole class rolling. He is definitely a great pick up for EVMS.

So, if a St. George Medical school professor is teaching in a US school We can say fmg's are getting the same level of education as US grads.

At least in top 3 FMg schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
erichaj said:
So, if a St. George Medical school professor is teaching in a US school We can say fmg's are getting the same level of education as US grads.

At least in top 3 FMg schools.

Maybe better at SGU. Think of the paid vacations that the best profs get to come teach as guest lecturers at SGU.

A couple grand for a 2 week vacation with family in the tropics. Sign me up.

I am a M3 from SGU and i had Dr. Goodmurphy for anatomy. He is a very good professor and tries to break down the info into a way that makes it easy for the students to learn and remember instead of just throwing all of the info at you (sometimes he would give too many pneumonic but still most of the time he tried to make the material easier for you to learn and most profs don't do that). He is a very nice guy and was always there if you needed help or advice. Most of the students liked him because he made the lectures fun and would help us out a lot during dissections and during office hours. Plus he is canadian and plays hockey so he'd always play in the hockey games we'd have on the basketball courts in grenada. Dr. Goodmurphy is a very nice guy and you can learn a lot from him. i wish you (the OP) and him luck in EVMS.

lobelsteve said:
Maybe better at SGU. Think of the paid vacations that the best profs get to come teach as guest lecturers at SGU.

A couple grand for a 2 week vacation with family in the tropics. Sign me up.

Lets see, all I have to do is go to the islands, teach a few hours a day and go to the beach, scuba or whatever after that.

Where do I go to sign up. I'm ready. lol.