1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Any shot at NEOUCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Godsman08, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Godsman08

Non-Student
    This is probably a dumb question...I have a 3.6 GPA, a 30 on the ACT, haven't taken the SAT and just graduated from high school. I won't be able to apply until August for NEOUCOM's BS/MD program, so I will be taking a year off. Plus, in an AP Chemistry (college level) course I pulled out a B - B+....is there any possible way I can get accepted?? Do I have ANY shot whatsoever. What are some things to do to help my chances? Which I REALLY need to do? ANY advice would help!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dth92

dth92 I don't even whatever
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Umm, why don't you just go to college and then apply to med school like a normal person? Am I missing something here?

4. momofpremeds

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

You will need to go to their website:

http://www.neoucom.edu/audience/applicants/succeed/admi/admiinfocurrentHS

I would contact the admissions officer as well. There may be a requirement that the applicant must be a current high school student when applying. This, then, discourages older students from being able to apply for the program. Which is what occurred at UF, Gainsville this year. But, again, I may be wrong. I do know you need 4 years of a foreign language.

5. thecalccobra

10+ Year Member

Sorry but with a 30 ACT and a 3.6, it will be very, very hard to get in. NEUCOM, first of all, favors ohio residents and only accepts a small number of out of staters. As a result, most of the kids who get in are good enough to get into place like Dartmouth, Duke, etc and have 33+ all A's, and a number of other extracurriculars not excluding clinical exposure.