Any shot at NEOUCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Godsman08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question...I have a 3.6 GPA, a 30 on the ACT, haven't taken the SAT and just graduated from high school. I won't be able to apply until August for NEOUCOM's BS/MD program, so I will be taking a year off. Plus, in an AP Chemistry (college level) course I pulled out a B - B+....is there any possible way I can get accepted?? Do I have ANY shot whatsoever. What are some things to do to help my chances? Which I REALLY need to do? ANY advice would help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Umm, why don't you just go to college and then apply to med school like a normal person? Am I missing something here?

This is probably a dumb question...I have a 3.6 GPA, a 30 on the ACT, haven't taken the SAT and just graduated from high school. I won't be able to apply until August for NEOUCOM's BS/MD program, so I will be taking a year off. Plus, in an AP Chemistry (college level) course I pulled out a B - B+....is there any possible way I can get accepted?? Do I have ANY shot whatsoever. What are some things to do to help my chances? Which I REALLY need to do? ANY advice would help!!

You will need to go to their website:

http://www.neoucom.edu/audience/applicants/succeed/admi/admiinfocurrentHS

I would contact the admissions officer as well. There may be a requirement that the applicant must be a current high school student when applying. This, then, discourages older students from being able to apply for the program. Which is what occurred at UF, Gainsville this year. But, again, I may be wrong. I do know you need 4 years of a foreign language.

Sorry but with a 30 ACT and a 3.6, it will be very, very hard to get in. NEUCOM, first of all, favors ohio residents and only accepts a small number of out of staters. As a result, most of the kids who get in are good enough to get into place like Dartmouth, Duke, etc and have 33+ all A's, and a number of other extracurriculars not excluding clinical exposure.