Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am strongly considering delaying my boards to next year. I just graduated IM residency and joined a chief residency in patient safety and quality.
There are a bunch of mitigating circumstances which have taken my attention off studying and we can discuss them all but at this point my question is very basic:
Will there be any future professional downside to me delaying board exams and passing them next year?
I wish to pursue hospitalist medicine with a focus on administrative time or even academic medicine (work towards program directorship)
There are a bunch of mitigating circumstances which have taken my attention off studying and we can discuss them all but at this point my question is very basic:
Will there be any future professional downside to me delaying board exams and passing them next year?
I wish to pursue hospitalist medicine with a focus on administrative time or even academic medicine (work towards program directorship)