wise146

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
wondering if you really need a lab top at stony brook, i heard from one person that you don't have to buy one. any other info. about stony is also appreciated.

Serge718

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Status
Hey Wise haven't seen you around in a while. How have you been? I'm not sure about the whole laptop business either... but i guess i'm gonna get a good one and just have a dock station at home so I won't get a desktop.

About the Ads

spooky42

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2003
ny
Visit site
Status
They have a budget for it in the financial thing they gave us during the interview, so I think we might need to get one.

wise146

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
I don't know, apparently this a not a huge need for a computer. I was told there are plenty of computers that we could use on campus and that we don't really have a need for computers at home, but I could be wrong. I am probably going to wait till orientation to hear what they have to say. has anybody heard any thing else from stony, I know things have been slow because of the terrible death of the dean's husband.

Jack Worthing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
New York
Visit site
Status
Dentist
The death of the dean's husband is tragic indeed.

Can't wait till orientation or some word...

lealf-ye

I am a super doctor.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2003
SDN
Visit site
Status
That's terrible. So sad, which dean?

Jack Worthing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
New York
Visit site
Status
Dentist
their baby is less than a year old.

The husband of Dr. Riley was a Stony Brook dental school alumnus and a Harvard-trained periodontist (they met as post-grads at Harvard; she was in pedo, he was in perio). I guess that means his name is "Dr. Riley" also. Spooky...

About the Ads