any stony brook students here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wise146

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wondering if you really need a lab top at stony brook, i heard from one person that you don't have to buy one. any other info. about stony is also appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Wise haven't seen you around in a while. How have you been? I'm not sure about the whole laptop business either... but i guess i'm gonna get a good one and just have a dock station at home so I won't get a desktop.

Members don't see this ad :)
They have a budget for it in the financial thing they gave us during the interview, so I think we might need to get one.

I don't know, apparently this a not a huge need for a computer. I was told there are plenty of computers that we could use on campus and that we don't really have a need for computers at home, but I could be wrong. I am probably going to wait till orientation to hear what they have to say. has anybody heard any thing else from stony, I know things have been slow because of the terrible death of the dean's husband.

The death of the dean's husband is tragic indeed.

Can't wait till orientation or some word...

That's terrible. So sad, which dean?

Dr. Riley.

On top of that she recently had a baby.

their baby is less than a year old.

The husband of Dr. Riley was a Stony Brook dental school alumnus and a Harvard-trained periodontist (they met as post-grads at Harvard; she was in pedo, he was in perio). I guess that means his name is "Dr. Riley" also. Spooky...