• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

any stony brook students here...

wise146

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
wondering if you really need a lab top at stony brook, i heard from one person that you don't have to buy one. any other info. about stony is also appreciated.

Serge718

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
Hey Wise haven't seen you around in a while. How have you been? I'm not sure about the whole laptop business either... but i guess i'm gonna get a good one and just have a dock station at home so I won't get a desktop.

About the Ads

wise146

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
I don't know, apparently this a not a huge need for a computer. I was told there are plenty of computers that we could use on campus and that we don't really have a need for computers at home, but I could be wrong. I am probably going to wait till orientation to hear what they have to say. has anybody heard any thing else from stony, I know things have been slow because of the terrible death of the dean's husband.

Jack Worthing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
their baby is less than a year old.

The husband of Dr. Riley was a Stony Brook dental school alumnus and a Harvard-trained periodontist (they met as post-grads at Harvard; she was in pedo, he was in perio). I guess that means his name is "Dr. Riley" also. Spooky...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.