Any takers?? (OFF TOPIC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LifeTake2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was in the local Pediatric ER this afternoon and was chatting with the nurse.

The ER waiting room, currently has carpet that is ~5-7yrs old, and they are pulling it up and replacing with hardwood in a couple of weeks.

Just wondering if anyone is interested in pulling that carpet up and if so how on earth you wear enough PPE for what has to be growing on/in/under that carpet at this point :confused:

On another note: did anyone know you could break your 1st proximal phalanx LENGTHWISE???? Well my 2rd old son did this afternoon, ouch!

Members don't see this ad.

DocEspana

Bullish
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On another note: did anyone know you could break your 1st proximal phalanx LENGTHWISE???? Well my 2rd old son did this afternoon, ouch!

actually saw a xray film of that.

more importantly... you have 8 kids??? (as per your signature). Somehow I feel like having 8 kids go through ages 1-10 you've probably seen quite a few interesting fractures by now.

LifeTake2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
actually saw a xray film of that.

more importantly... you have 8 kids??? (as per your signature). Somehow I feel like having 8 kids go through ages 1-10 you've probably seen quite a few interesting fractures by now.

Yes I have 8 the last time I counted, they are 14 -> 2, and we have had an arm, collarbone, nose & now a toe broken, so far!

0B8_K5EOHlyU4MDc4MDg4NDUtZDAyOS00NjkzLTkyY2EtMjkxNDMzMDZiMDM0

Members don't see this ad :)

dunaa

InLumineTuoVidemusLumen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes I have 8 the last time I counted, they are 14 -> 2, and we have had an arm, collarbone, nose & now a toe broken, so far!

0B8_K5EOHlyU4MDc4MDg4NDUtZDAyOS00NjkzLTkyY2EtMjkxNDMzMDZiMDM0
I must say, you are quite a PROLIFIC breeder! Any plans of adding more to the pack? Then again I hope you are interested in Peds...because having that many kids MUST be considered for the length of your residency...How do you manage though?

AutumnChild

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow 8 kids? And you're pursuing medical school? That's ambition right there. I don't know how you do it but more power to you. I don't even want any children until i'm at least done with PGY-1, lol.