any thoughts on einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niceguydoc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any opinions on montefiore? i know most people consider this a crappy program; overworked residents & nonexistent didactics. however, I had a positive interview experience there. they see some sick patients, call schedule isin't bad, offer subsidized housing. long hours don't bother me. i actually thought it was better than nyu (too expensive living in the city and they don't really have any didactics either). not sure where to rank this program :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

did you talk to any of the residents? if you like long hours, then this will be the place for you.

I ranked it pretty low. The interview was very disorganized and I felt very much like cattle. They had a ton of interviewees and only 2 residents showed. Both the residents were first years which also put me off considering its such a huge program. The interviewers were nice for the most part, although I did get a lot of Qs about how I'd be able to study on my own after a long work day. Definatly left an uneasy feeling. They didn't really explain the curriculum in depth either which was a bit of a negative. On the plus side, I did feel I'd be well trained and very competent which is why I didn't rank it last

Members don't see this ad :)
By far the worst of all interviews I had - interviewers were the least personable (went to 14 interviews). Overall, though good hospital, some good faculty names. The residents did seem alot more miserable than I would hope for in a program. Definitely not as appealing as sinai, columbia, cornell, or nyu

Best marker for me was meeting 3-4 med students from Einstein on the anesthesia interview trail. They hated the place. I'd watch out, but go with your gut.