Any thoughts on short term employment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Judomo

Reaction score
Hello!
I was hoping to pick the brains of some folks more experience than me.

To make a long story short, I am a PGY3 PM&R resident, so I have one more year left in residency. My husband graduates his residency program this year, but has a 2 year fellowship lined up. It is also unlikely that we will be staying in the current area long term (unless something crazy happens). All that being said, that leaves me with a year to basically 'kill' while he finished fellowship.

Any advice on short term employment, and how/where to start looking? Unfortunately, I don't know of any fellowships in my area that I'm interested in, though I will admit I haven't found a great resource fro fellowship listing.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Subacute consults would be a good option. PM me if you want more details. I have posted about it extensively on the form. Pros and cons but for your setup it would make a lot of sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you talk to your program director? they usually have a pulse on the local market. otherwise, inpatient weekend call coverage subacute rehab
Yeah I did, she set me up with a former alum who has done per diems and locums, so I've been talking with him. Still a lot to wade through with different options, so figured I'd see what ideas others had and kind of put it all together. Thanks for the respons!

Subacute consults would be a good option. PM me if you want more details. I have posted about it extensively on the form. Pros and cons but for your setup it would make a lot of sense.
Thanks, I'll take a look at the forums and let you know if I have any questions. Appreciate it.