Any thoughts on Wake Forest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trisomy13

ultra
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize for such a broad and most likely repeated question, but while the search function is disabled I think this is my best option.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything good/bad/etc about Wake Forest? I'm happy to have an interview in NC (i need trees and green things around me to be happy) but I can't find anything other than the WF website to give me a feel for the program.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

As I've been told it's one of the very best programs around. I've heard it mentioned in the top 10 but I don't really know for sure. The facilites are nice. The area is nice but Winston-Salem is not a big city if that's what you're looking for. It's fairly centrally located between Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte right off I-40. Housing can be had very cheaply. Hope this helps.

I was really impressed with the program there. They seemed to be pretty strong in most areas. Maybe a little weak in trauma and pain management. But they seemed to have a strong regional. I thought they were all very nice. Carol Stuart in particular, who sets up the interviews, was very polite, friendly, and informative. I felt like they had a very academic program.

Seemed like they weren't too fond of the categorical internship there and they only got 2 weeks of vacation during that year I believe.

The city is nice, affordable (close to the hospital too I'm told), little-no traffic, and clean. However, it is a little small w/ not a whole lot to do, especially from single people.

I didn't rank them at the top of my list b/c I wanted to stay in the west--that was the only thing that kept me from putting them 1 or 2 on my list. Turns out I ended up in the east anyways. :laugh:

If you want any more info feel free to PM me with specifics.

Lefty