any thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovesleep

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on less competitive programs in NYC area?

any info on Nassau University Medical Center? I heard a rumor the program was kinda in trouble but not sure if it has any valididty.

Members don't see this ad.

heard great things about St. Vincent's and Downstate - didn't personally interview at either

any info on Nassau University Medical Center? I heard a rumor the program was kinda in trouble but not sure if it has any valididty.

So as not to incriminate myself with any defamation or such, I'll just say "Ask around" about NUMC. *wink*

dc

bigdan,

thanks for the replies. without incriminating of course...in your opinion, when you go to one of these non-competitive programs, is it a matter of not getting the proper training ? not having opportunities for fellowships afterwards? or just a lack of future job options? you will obviously be a board certufued gasman right ? (or is that a naive way of looking at it?)

just want to know if going to a less competitive or "ify" program,..if gas is what you want...will i wind up shooting myself in the leg later on? or possibly gassing myselg..hehe

thanks for the replies.