Any Tips [Last Minute]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my dat is rapidly approaching (12 days out). Wondering if you guys have any last minutes tips that you could give me. Especailly if you have taken it and thought "oh i wish i had studied that" or even strategies in general.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

funny, mine is rapidly approaching as well...in fact, it is in 17 hours :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Cram, cram, cram, cram, cram. Use flashcards while you're driving, shopping, anytime you're awake. Don't go anywhere without some small study sheet or flashcard to look at. Make sticky notes of concepts that won't stay in your head, put them up on the wall, and drill them over and over.

Relax on the last day.

Have fun, and good luck! :)

JavadiCavity said:
mine is in 14 hours
What ever happened to the "PAT BUSTER" that was supposed to be published this year?

By the way JavadiCavity, how may little lies have told on SDN..

I wouldn't study a week before the exam. This allows you to relax. If you don't know it by then, you won't know it.

I agree with brocnizer! Just relax and don't do nothing the night before. I mean what do you wanna do the last moment. Kram? No time, you have to know your stuff cold. So just chill and relax :laugh:

Time to celebrate! My 100's thread :thumbup:

Awuah29 said:
I agree with brocnizer! Just relax and don't do nothing the night before. I mean what do you wanna do the last moment. Kram? No time, you have to know your stuff cold. So just chill and relax :laugh:

Time to celebrate! My 100's thread :thumbup:
I disagree completely with this notion. I would study until the last day. A lot of people think it's a good idea to skip a whole week prior to this exam, but I think it can be a big mistake. There are a lot of details that you will lose if you do not continously study for this exam. Believe me, three to four days after I took the DAT, I couldn't remember a lot of the specifics that were taught in subsections like ecology, and invertebrae biology. In case you're curious I scored a 24 on the DAT

I completely disagree with Brocnizer and Awuah. The Hen is absolutely right. Relaxing for a week is a bad idea, man. We're not talking about playing tennis or basketball here, we're talking about memorizing a mountain of facts and keeping them from slipping out of your mind.

The Hen said:
Believe me, three to four days after I took the DAT, I couldn't remember a lot of the specifics that were taught in subsections like ecology, and invertebrae biology. In case you're curious I scored a 24 on the DAT

Dude, you mean knowing about the different subdivisions of plants and the various functions of earthworms are not important for becoming a dentist!?! jeez I thought this is lifelong information that I can use in case I ever need to give a gymnosperm a root canal....

Sorry about the book. I just didn't have enough time to verify that all of the examples were 100% correct. Other things became more important. Hopefully, in the future, we can get it all ready!

Hey guys,
I think to people got me here wrong. I am not saying that Taco shouldn't study at all days prior to the DAT, but at least a day before the DAT just give the brain a break. However,Taco I recommend you to go over the Endocrine the morning before your test. It's just a lot of info. If your test is afternoon , then better for you.