Any UMB Interviews lately ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental0019

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All - My application has been under-review for quite some time and was wondering if anyone has any insight as to why UMB - my top choice has not been sending out interviews?

Are they still waiting to hear back from the Dec 1 acceptances? I am guessnig that its getting late in the year now, so probably January is when the next round of interviews will be coming through. Does anyone know what some opening dates are for their January interviews?

Any insight is helpful!! Ahhhh the stress of waiting:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I received a secondary invite two days ago and i completed that the day of. today I got an interview invite for Jan7th. I think if you are asked to complete their secondary its a guaranteed interview.

I received a secondary invite two days ago and i completed that the day of. today I got an interview invite for Jan7th. I think if you are asked to complete their secondary its a guaranteed interview.

what are your stats and such if you don't mind me asking? and when u submitted? :)
congrats on the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe you both should get on predents so you wouldn't have to ask...

Bleech - I dont think your comments were necessary. I am on predents and I bet almost everyone else on this forum is as well. The reason the q was posed is that predents does not cover the questions that were posed.

The true value of a forum underlies in how well people are willing to help out and inform eachother. If people had all the answers there is no need to ask. Please for the sake of everyone in this forum, try to provide constructive comments. Thanks in advance. And one final note; if you are indeed applying and getting interviews keep this in mind, you will be spending the next four years with probably some of the same people on this forum, so it is in everyone's best interest to help and be kind because no one wants to spend 4 years of dental school fighting and dealing with drama.

Happy Holidays To All :)

maybe you both should get on predents so you wouldn't have to ask...

I am on predents I just don't choose to link SDN to predents for my own personal reasons.

Thanks for the advice though...?

i have an interview for jan 21st, i think it helps if you call them or e.mail dr. meehan and ask for your status. After i contacted them, they send me the secondary application within 2 or 3 days

Bleech - I dont think your comments were necessary. I am on predents and I bet almost everyone else on this forum is as well. The reason the q was posed is that predents does not cover the questions that were posed.

The true value of a forum underlies in how well people are willing to help out and inform eachother. If people had all the answers there is no need to ask. Please for the sake of everyone in this forum, try to provide constructive comments. Thanks in advance. And one final note; if you are indeed applying and getting interviews keep this in mind, you will be spending the next four years with probably some of the same people on this forum, so it is in everyone's best interest to help and be kind because no one wants to spend 4 years of dental school fighting and dealing with drama.

Happy Holidays To All :)

My comment was constructive; I believe that if you linked your profiles you wouldn't have to ask. The answers (in this case) are already out there (on predents); why make people ask for them if you already share them somewhere else? It seems like such a runaround. I don't really see any other way to take what I said though, so for the sake of everyone in this forum, please save your lecturing.
I haven't seen a valid argument for not linking to predents, and for all the advice that is doled out on here it is nice to be able to see a bit more of where it comes from. I don't see the downside. Thats all I'm getting at.
I don't know what drama you are referring to, I just made a simple suggestion. If you plan onto holding every comment that anyone ever made to you throughout the next 4 years, well, then, that sucks for you. Just be positive! No need to take everything so negatively.
Good luck with your application, and happy holidays to you as well.

i have an interview for jan 21st, i think it helps if you call them or e.mail dr. meehan and ask for your status. After i contacted them, they send me the secondary application within 2 or 3 days

They did the same thing when I called, and I also have the Jan 21 interview. Give them a call! And good luck. :)

My comment was constructive; I believe that if you linked your profiles you wouldn't have to ask. The answers (in this case) are already out there (on predents); why make people ask for them if you already share them somewhere else? It seems like such a runaround. I don't really see any other way to take what I said though, so for the sake of everyone in this forum, please save your lecturing.
I haven't seen a valid argument for not linking to predents, and for all the advice that is doled out on here it is nice to be able to see a bit more of where it comes from. I don't see the downside. Thats all I'm getting at.
I don't know what drama you are referring to, I just made a simple suggestion. If you plan onto holding every comment that anyone ever made to you throughout the next 4 years, well, then, that sucks for you. Just be positive! No need to take everything so negatively.
Good luck with your application, and happy holidays to you as well.

To each his own man... why do you care anyway? It's not affecting you... no one was talking to you....

Just because you don't "see the downside" doesn't mean people can't make their own choices. Perhaps our reasons are irrational or don't make sense to you.... but why do you even care???????

Chillll ouuuutt dude:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dah well. I'm calling Maryland on MONDAY! Anyone second that?