Any UMDNJ students here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vinipooh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I"ll be starting UMDNJ this august and i was wondering if there is anyone here from UMDNJ. Anyone a commuter or you live in the area? How do you guys like the school (if you already go there).

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing, as it looks as though I'll be starting there in the fall and it's a big move for me. Let me know what you find out :)

Wow, from Texas thats a big move. Why UMDNJ for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, it is! well, i'm still waiting for a response from baylor, though i think it'd be really good for me to go out of state for dental school (for the experience). i also interviewed at NYU, but i wasn't impressed. on the other hand, i got a good feeling from UMDNJ and i've already paid my deposit, so i'm 90% sure that's where i'll be going. i'm a little nervous about the move, because i don't know the area at all, so i'm trying to figure out housing. what about you?

Hey guys Im was wondering if UMDNJ accepts out-of-state applicants. Isnt that what it says in the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools? or am I mistaken? I was wondering because I have relatives in the area and would really like to go there if possible, but I was under the impression that they dont accept out-of-staters (also, Im canadian).

And whats the tuition there?? Environment? Facilities? Faculty?? All info would be great. thanx

and good luck to those starting this august

It used to be that UMDNJ gave priority to NJ residents... But they changed the policy this year and doesn't do that anymore. So yes, apply if you want to.

HTH!

Heh UB Tom
Does it mean that intl.studens can also apply? My probleme is that I am an international student, but NJ resident. Am I eligible to apply ? i thnk I need to call them and ask. If someone from Canada is eligible to apply, why not someone from a different country, but still NJ resident. The think is that I did a pred-dental intership at UMDNJ and the people there know me!!!

VancouverDoc2b said:
Hey guys Im was wondering if UMDNJ accepts out-of-state applicants. Isnt that what it says in the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools? or am I mistaken? I was wondering because I have relatives in the area and would really like to go there if possible, but I was under the impression that they dont accept out-of-staters (also, Im canadian).

And whats the tuition there?? Environment? Facilities? Faculty?? All info would be great. thanx

and good luck to those starting this august

During my interview, there were about 10 applicants- half were from NJ/NY, the other half were from out of state. I'm from CA, and I've been accepted, so definitely go for it!

what about intl. students ?

I just emailed them last night. They said you have to be a resident of one of the states...or have a green card. Otherwise, international students cant apply.

I will be going to UMDNJ in the fall as well, I grew up in NJ and know the area very well...if you have any questions...I would be glad to help...good luck