any updates on umich waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needacceptance!

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anything recently?

Members don't see this ad.

last time i spoke to Katie Horne (June 11), she told me that she didn't think that they would get to the middle tier and that list was moving slowly. they are making offers until the day of matriculation (August 4).

that's all i got... sorry :confused:
anyone else get in off the WL?

I got accepted recently from the middle tier of the list. I would suggest either calling or sending Katie Horne a quick, polite email asking about the status of the list and your chances. If UMich is your first choice, be sure to send her a letter ASAP letting her know that you'll attend over any other school, if you haven't already. I think with the waitlist, what tier you're in means some but not a lot with respect to your chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any other first-tier waitlistees like me who are still on the list??????

By the way, for those who got off the middle and lower tiers of the waitlist, do you mind sharing with us whether you are URM? Thanks. I'm just wondering. If you don't want to share, it's totally okay.

wow--congrats, calipremed!!
that's fantastic news... i'm a little surprised that they got to the middle tier already (only b/c of what Katie Horne told me) but i guess it just goes to show, you never know what can happen! trends change from year to year so it's impossible to predict.

RONIN--i'm also in the top tier and haven't gotten a call... but let me offer a possible explanation:
umich tends to use their WL to even out their class... and they're heavy on keeping the demographics stable--i'm not just talking about URM status. i mean, the in/out-of-state ratio; the male-female ratio, etc. therefore it's possible, that the demographic that they were loooking for wasn't available [in the top tier] so they went to the middle tier.

as for letters of intent, i do hope that they work because i've written 3 since february!!! :laugh:

nonetheless, good luck to all--i'm happy that this WL is working out for those lucky few!

cheers,
trubluwolv