Any use in submitting secondaries before verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legendarg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So some schools that I have applied to have already sent me secondaries despite my application not having been verified yet. I submitted towards the end of June, so I'm sure I won't be verified anytime soon. Is there any advantage or really any reason for me to submit my secondary prior to being verified? I know schools won't look at the application until they have everything anyways, but does submitting my secondary before being verified put me ahead on a queue? Or does it really not matter at all?

Members don't see this ad.

So some schools that I have applied to have already sent me secondaries despite my application not having been verified yet. I submitted towards the end of June, so I'm sure I won't be verified anytime soon. Is there any advantage or really any reason for me to submit my secondary prior to being verified? I know schools won't look at the application until they have everything anyways, but does submitting my secondary before being verified put me ahead on a queue? Or does it really not matter at all?

Eh, most schools complete you by a computer program anyway so it usually happens instantly. Some take their time but I don't think it will have much of an effect. I'm not verified and I haven't even added my schools yet.

I'd call or e-mail the schools and ask.

When I applied, I remember a school's website had the secondary listed and invited you to complete it and snail mail it in as soon as you submitted your primary.

I did this, got an interview invite the day after I was verified.

I would certainly go ahead and fill it out so you're ready to send it in as soon as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
*bump* I'm wondering the same thing.

Always wait til couple of hours before the deadline to do everything and anything.

Just kidding do it now

I'd call or e-mail the schools and ask.

When I applied, I remember a school's website had the secondary listed and invited you to complete it and snail mail it in as soon as you submitted your primary.

I did this, got an interview invite the day after I was verified.

I would certainly go ahead and fill it out so you're ready to send it in as soon as you can.
Which school was this?

There is no point in submitting before verification in the sense of getting complete early. You will not be complete at most schools until LORs are in and until you are verified. However, it does help to submit early if you like to to be on track with secondaries and do them in a timely manner.