Any Waterloo Students going into Optometry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonsaitree1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are any of you people at Waterloo and are planning to go to the Optometry school there? If so, what undergrad program are you in? Feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone at all?

A desperate Canadian in need of information.

reflex said:
Anyone at all?

A desperate Canadian in need of information.

I believe most Canadians at Waterloo that want to go into optometry are in the Pre-Optometry Program that the university offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Reflex,

I'm a first year optometry student at Waterloo, did my undergrad here as well. I was in the Pre-Optometry program but its now called Biomedical Sciences. We have people from all different programs. Some people did science and business, others were in Math. As long as you finish the pre-reqs it doesn't matter. But since there are so many pre-reqs the biomedical sciences prepares you for it. hope that helps

Hey,

I'm a 1st year at the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago. Completed three years of undergrad in pre-optometry (now biomedical sci) at UW. As Looman says, the direction of that program will not only prepare you out of necessity to get the pre-req's but if you attend another school, like in the US, you'll have a solid foundation to begin with.