any wesleyan grads out there having trouble with amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dinostar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wes students/alums:

have your courses been approved my amcas? mine keep coming back as corrected due to "credits." because wesleyan has a different credit system and each class is usually worth 1 credit, i've been instructed by Wesleyan's Career planning office to enter each course as 3.5 credits (I graduated before 2000). AMCAS has reverted each of my courses to 1 credit, as is listed on my transcipt and now my GPA is affected and my application is held up.

anyone else have this problem?

tia.

Members don't see this ad.

dinostar said:
wes students/alums:

have your courses been approved my amcas? mine keep coming back as corrected due to "credits." because wesleyan has a different credit system and each class is usually worth 1 credit, i've been instructed by Wesleyan's Career planning office to enter each course as 3.5 credits (I graduated before 2000). AMCAS has reverted each of my courses to 1 credit, as is listed on my transcipt and now my GPA is affected and my application is held up.

tia.

I went to a Wesleyan College, but must be a different one. Because we had a normal credit system. Keep in mind that there are many Wesleyan Colleges. Best of luck in getting that worked out.

dinostar said:
wes students/alums:

tia.

Hi Dinostar. i'm wes '05- here is my experience with this
I have completed AMCAS with little problem. Last year, and this one (on two waitlists currently)
I was told to enter each credit exactly as it is on your Wes transcript. AMCAS will deal with it from there and shouldn't correct much.
Fun to see Wes on the thread list!
good luck to you

Members don't see this ad :)
manhattan said:
Hi Dinostar. i'm wes '05- here is my experience with this
I have completed AMCAS with little problem. Last year, and this one (on two waitlists currently)
I was told to enter each credit exactly as it is on your Wes transcript. AMCAS will deal with it from there and shouldn't correct much.
Fun to see Wes on the thread list!
good luck to you

thanks for info and good luck to you too!

dinostar said:
wes students/alums:

tia.

I called the Wesleyan registrar's office and asked how to convert the credits. I don't remember how I did it. But it worked out.

Wesleyan rocks.

The AMCAS instructions clearly state to enter your courses EXACTLY AS THEY APPEAR on your transcript. So I would just follow those instructions. If it says 1 credit, put 1 credit.