Any word from NSUOCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OptometryGirl101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has yet heard from Northeastern State University Oklahoma College of Optometry for the 2015-2016 application cycle? I submitted my OptomCAS application on 7/23/15 and was offered interviews at SCO, UMSL, and UHCO in late August, but I still haven't heard anything from NSUOCO.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing! I submitted my application to them 8/17/15 and have completed all the fees and what not. I also have interviews from ICO and PCO. NSUOCO is an in-state school for me so I'm really waiting for their response! So have you gone to your interviews yet for the other schools? My worry is that I'll have to decide the out of state schools before NSUOCO has started interviews.

I wonder if they are just slower with their admissions process than other schools. I just attended my interview at SCO on Monday and was offered a seat yesterday. Then I interview at UHCO on 9/25 and UMSL on 9/28. NSUOCO was my top choice even though I'm out of state. I really think that is what is going to happen to me too! I figured if I was a competitive enough applicant to get interviews at the other schools, I would've at least received an interview at NSUOCO. When are your interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same thing! I submitted my application to them 8/17/15 and have completed all the fees and what not. I also have interviews from ICO and PCO. NSUOCO is an in-state school for me so I'm really waiting for their response! So have you gone to your interviews yet for the other schools? My worry is that I'll have to decide the out of state schools before NSUOCO has started interviews.

I wonder if they are just slower with their admissions process than other schools. I just attended my interview at SCO on Monday and was offered a seat yesterday. Then I interview at UHCO on 9/25 and UMSL on 9/28. NSUOCO was my top choice even though I'm out of state. I really think that is what is going to happen to me too! I figured if I was a competitive enough applicant to get interviews at the other schools, I would've at least received an interview at NSUOCO. When are your interviews?

Congratulations on the SCO acceptance! Yeah I bet they just start asking people for interviews later. The Dr. I work for went to NSUOCO and said she thinks they started asking later in the semester for her interview as well, but that was also 10 years ago. My interviews aren't until October 8th and October 29th, so hopefully that will get me some time with NSUOCO! And maybe we can get some other people applying there that can comment here if they've received anything or not!