Anybody else feel this way?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kittywitty

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I know there's this general rule of thumb that secondaries should be completed asap (within reason) because it shows that one's interested in the school and because it's a rolling app. However, I've come to realize that my recent secondaries are IMO better written than my earlier ones, which is unfortunate because there were definitely schools I wanted to go to within that first batch I submitted.

Does anybody else feel this way?
 
So I know there's this general rule of thumb that secondaries should be completed asap (within reason) because it shows that one's interested in the school and because it's a rolling app. However, I've come to realize that my recent secondaries are IMO better written than my earlier ones, which is unfortunate because there were definitely schools I wanted to go to within that first batch I submitted.

Does anybody else feel this way?
I agree with you. I don't feel that my earlier essays were worse because I rushed, just I have more practice now. I feel like this is one of the reasons I haven't heard back from a couple of schools. :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I turned in all my secondaries in right away except for one. I wrote and rewrote it but was not satisfied with my answer, and refused to turn in anything but my best. The prompts were extremely dull. But I was not spending $50 on an app I did not feel proud of. It took me 12 days to finally turn that sucker in but I actually feel proud of my response and think it was well-written.
 
Totally true, as I am doing the apps for schools I don't care too much for I am realizing how great the essays are sounding.