Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anybody else feel this way?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by kittywitty, Aug 19, 2015.

1. kittywitty

Pre-Medical
    So I know there's this general rule of thumb that secondaries should be completed asap (within reason) because it shows that one's interested in the school and because it's a rolling app. However, I've come to realize that my recent secondaries are IMO better written than my earlier ones, which is unfortunate because there were definitely schools I wanted to go to within that first batch I submitted.

Does anybody else feel this way?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Adcoms don't care when you get your apps in. Just get them in. We do care that you do a good job on them.

4. NovMSScr

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I agree with you. I don't feel that my earlier essays were worse because I rushed, just I have more practice now. I feel like this is one of the reasons I haven't heard back from a couple of schools. :/

5. cryhavoc

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I turned in all my secondaries in right away except for one. I wrote and rewrote it but was not satisfied with my answer, and refused to turn in anything but my best. The prompts were extremely dull. But I was not spending $50 on an app I did not feel proud of. It took me 12 days to finally turn that sucker in but I actually feel proud of my response and think it was well-written.

6. Enik

Pre-Medical
    Totally true, as I am doing the apps for schools I don't care too much for I am realizing how great the essays are sounding.