Anybody else from class 2011 getting "senioritis"??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

themorphinerule

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I accepted admission into Pharmacy School, I was a student.. a scholar of sorts. Almost a straight A student. I'm down to my last 3 classes, Biology II, Microbiology and Statistics and for the life of me I swear my 98% in each class has been steadily declining. So now I'm down to my last 3 weeks of school (God, I can't wait for the SUMMER!!!) 1 test in each class and a class presentation about HPV in Microbiology- and for the life of me, I'm totally disinterested. My 98% is now a 94%- respectable, but not a 98%. The worst was taking a test the day I found out I was accepted- I couldn't even get through the test because I had a ton of anxiety built up from the good news. But I'm sure I'll manage to hold it together for the next 3 weeks.. but I'm curious to know, is there anyone else that's suffering this sort of "senioritis" in light of your anticipation of your Fall P1 year? Would love to hear from you.

Update as of May 9, 2007...

Microbiology - 52.53% Failed (a 61% on HPV Presentation though)
Biology II - 41.04% Failed
Statistics - 66.5% (Rounded to 67%) D- Passed!!!! Yay!

Guess Pharmacy School is not in my future! :( Goodluck to those who managed to pull it together.

Hahaha.. April fools. Got a B in Micro (2 pts from A), B in Bio II (2 pts from A) and an A in Stats. Wingate here I come!

Members don't see this ad.

You call going from a 98% to a 94% senioritis? Pfff. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat (One B on my transcript thus far and taking my last 3 pre-req classes this semester - Biochem, Immunology, and World LitII)! I have a paper due tomorrow but I could really care less :oops: I've already calculated what I need to make on each of my finals to pass with C's and now I'm just trying to stay motivated enough to show up for classes over the next couple of weeks...

Hang in there!

I have senoritis because I am finally graduating in 5 months....however rotations are not a good time to get senoritis..:cool:

I have such miserable senioritis!!! Only two more weeks left for me... I'm taking Genetics, Economics, and Evolution... The hardest part for me is knowing that none of these classes are required for my Pharm school (They were my back-up plan...). Will anyone ever see this semester's GPA? Will anyone even care about this semester's GPA? I find it very hard to care when no one else will...

Hang in there! Summer is almost here!!!!:)

I do! And the horrible part is I need to pass all my classes. One I need to obtain my BS, and the other two are pre-reqs for USC.

I'm taking such an easy load though, its hard NOT to put things till the last minute.

I'm taking American Lit, Writing in Health (20% of my grade is a personal statement lol..), and Medical Microbiology.

Sigh, well instead of studying I am here.. and I am actually about to go to my friend's party... in like 20 minutes. AH! I have a paper due on Tuesday but I've written 80% of it already, but the normal me would have had it finished already and have made most of my flashcards for my midterm on FRI for Medical Micro. Argh!!!

I have a very severe case of senioritis. What is the treatment???

Classes are done and I’m trying to study for finals but the drive isn’t there like it should be.

My summer doesn't start until Mid June but I have already clocked out. I am taking 2 classes this term, Physiology III for prereq and an Anthropology class to graduate this term. I am catching up on some needed exercise, drinking and lots of movie watching this term. It is nice to have a really easy last term of undergraduate before Pharm school. Take advantage, go out and enjoy the sun and the bars!

At UF we do our rotations starting in our 3rd year, then we go back to school for 8 weeks to finish. I haven't had a summer off since 2005. There's only 2 weeks of classes left and I have senioritis big-time. I've completely stopped watching lectures. I don't attend the lectures at my campus. Mainly, I keep track of when assignments are due and show up for exams.

After being rejected without an interview by 10 out of 12 schools that i applied to, I have already lost hope till i got an interview letter from UIC. I went for the interview and did great but still feeling like a loser and just barely staying strong and hopeful. I received an acceptance e-mail last friday and now Im all banged up with emotions. I have a make-up exam this thursday and another one next monday because the exams were administered when i went for the interview at UIC. I have been studying really hard for these exams before friday but now i could not even sit for 30 mins to study anymore. I have three weeks also and instead of reading, i was just planning on throwing a graduation party for myself. I hope to get back to my normal self very soon because i dont want to have the feeling similar to losing your last game before the playoff after you have had the best record of the season.

lol, pull it together my man!! Just 3 weeks to go, but I can definitely relate.

OK... I have senioritis at work! I am out of school - just got accepted to Univ. of Illiniois - Chicago..... I found out last week. I'm really really excited about it. I can't wait.

So - I have about a million lab writeups to do at work and I can't concentrate. We have huge projects that have to get done here at my job and I'm having a VERY hard time concentrating.

Better get back to work!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I have senioritis really bad. I have 2 weeks of classes, 1 week of tests, and then finals and I'm done. The problem is that I haven't studied in the last two weeks at all! I'm taking human pharmacology, drugs subject to abuse, microeconomics, and color photography. My schedule is pretty easy but on top of it I work 30-40 hours a week. I'm so excited to be done!

Yeah--I'm planning on doing all my slacking off now & the first month of summer because I have an 8-week organic 2 class to take over the summer. I know I won't be able to slack off much in that class. I was also a straight A student, but now I made a budget list of points I would need just to get a B. So far, I'm still getting A's in both classes I'm taking now, but the pressure to do really good on exams is not there anymore, so that's kind of my way of slacking off. I'm also finishing up a distance education speech course-- and it has been really really difficult getting anything done for that class right now. I just finish taping my final speech last night. I know I could have done a lot better, but the speech is like 11 minutes long; after the 3rd take (after like four hours of practice) I was like, alright, I'm done--I really don't care anymore!!! Now I've just got to study for the final in like 3 weeks!!!

eyetwitches.jpg

I am a graduating senior attending VCU in the fall...I am taking all easy classes this semester except Anatomy. I have had NASTY senioritis since the beginning of the semester, didn't do well on the first test so realized i had to study harder for the 2nd one..i did great on the 2nd one so now i can slack off for the final exam and still pass the class...i believe thats the definition of senioritis:)

Before I accepted admission into Pharmacy School, I was a student.. a scholar of sorts. Almost a straight A student. I'm down to my last 3 classes, Biology II, Microbiology and Statistics and for the life of me I swear my 98% in each class has been steadily declining. So now I'm down to my last 3 weeks of school (God, I can't wait for the SUMMER!!!) 1 test in each class and a class presentation about HPV in Microbiology- and for the life of me, I'm totally disinterested. My 98% is now a 94%- respectable, but not a 98%. The worst was taking a test the day I found out I was accepted- I couldn't even get through the test because I had a ton of anxiety built up from the good news. But I'm sure I'll manage to hold it together for the next 3 weeks.. but I'm curious to know, is there anyone else that's suffering this sort of "senioritis" in light of your anticipation of your Fall P1 year? Would love to hear from you.

dude, this topic ("ah! I got into pharmacy school and now i'm sooooo lazy!") has been beaten to death over in the Kiddy SDN Pre-Pharmacy Forum. :thumbdown: Try whining over there, where whining about how lazy you've become once the admission packet rolls in. :smuggrin:

dude, this topic ("ah! I got into pharmacy school and now i'm sooooo lazy!") has been beaten to death over in the Kiddy SDN Pre-Pharmacy Forum. :thumbdown: Try whining over there, where whining about how lazy you've become once the admission packet rolls in. :smuggrin:

I'm sorry i know im new to this whole SDN thing so i dont entirely know how it works, but there are some things im not understanding...

a) does somebody posting about something that THEY want to talk about, whether it be lazyness or otherwise, take up room on your precious forum in some way? is there some unwritten SDN law that I dont know about where every member must read every thread even if they aren't interested in it? If nothing else it should give you something to read when a thread that you're interested in hasn't been updated yet.

b) the Kiddy SDN forum? like it or not chief we're going to be colleagues in a couple of years. So you are a professional already? Congrats- but referring to us as kids simply because we are discussing something that is effecting us at this point in our lives doesn't seem like the most professional point of view on things, especially coming from a health care professional.

If there are answers to these questions that i simply dont know about please inform me.

YES!! Ive been spending more time on the golf course than in the classroom.

Im doing good in Calc 1, but the rest of my classes Im finding it very hard to stay motivated for. I have physics II(not going well, lol) and bioIII probably end up with a B.

Does anyone know if these classes even matter? My acceptence letter said I had to pass all prereqs before fall, and thats it. So IF I end up w/ a D or worse in physics II will it matter?

Well if Physics II is a prereq for you and you get a D or worse they probably would rescind your acceptance. But if it is not a prereq then it really doesn't matter, but why would you take physics II if you didn't have too. At my school my acceptance is contigent on that I pass all my prereq courses before summer 2007 or they could choose to take away my seat if I failed a prereq.

I am taking immunology + its lab, biochem2, physical chem 2 and british lit. And I swear that never in my life do I hate pchem so so so much !!! I'd shoot myself if I had to take another pchem class with all that annoying quantum mechanics stuffs. At least I enjoy biochem 2 though when we learn about drugs mechanism and diseases--the things I'll be studying next Fall 07. But anyway, I am glad that we only have like 4 more weeks to go until my graduation, then I can slack off, sleep, it, party, watch movies, have fun and start a new life in pharm school... Speaking of it make me feel like drooling already LOL

I'm sorry i know im new to this whole SDN thing so i dont entirely know how it works, but there are some things im not understanding...

a) does somebody posting about something that THEY want to talk about, whether it be lazyness or otherwise, take up room on your precious forum in some way? is there some unwritten SDN law that I dont know about where every member must read every thread even if they aren't interested in it? If nothing else it should give you something to read when a thread that you're interested in hasn't been updated yet.

I agree with this... It seems like on this forum, if you repeat one question or re-hash something that's been discussed before (by different people, without your participation even) people pounce on you and get mad at you for not knowing that it's something that's already been discussed. Why don't we just shut down the forum and we can just read previous posts if that's how people feel?

Well if Physics II is a prereq for you and you get a D or worse they probably would rescind your acceptance. But if it is not a prereq then it really doesn't matter, but why would you take physics II if you didn't have too. At my school my acceptance is contigent on that I pass all my prereq courses before summer 2007 or they could choose to take away my seat if I failed a prereq.

Well I took physics II as a back up.. ESTU will be adding it to its prereqs for the fall 08 starting class.. and some other schools require it. I went ahead and took it just in case I didnt get in... but I did, so now I dont need it.

b) the Kiddy SDN forum? like it or not chief we're going to be colleagues in a couple of years. So you are a professional already? Congrats- but referring to us as kids simply because we are discussing something that is effecting us at this point in our lives doesn't seem like the most professional point of view on things, especially coming from a health care professional.

If there are answers to these questions that i simply dont know about please inform me.

If you take a quick glance at the topics on the Pre-Pharmacy Forum and then at the Pharmacy forum, you will see a big change. I'll help you:

Pre-pharmacy/kiddy forum--mostly, but not all, blind leading the blind:
"GPA question"
"Advice for 2.3GPA"
"Pharmacy school entry with Low GPA "
"Wall OF Shame"

"But I've currently got a 2.3 gpa for my first 3 years of undergrad work. I'm a little behind of course, and am now just entering the real major coursework.

Did my dreams go up in smoke?"

Pharmacy Forum--more "sustenance"
"Herbs and Dietary Supplement"
"Pharmacy Specialty"
"non-specific antibiotic question"

Yeah, people should research if the quesiton's been addressed before, BUT it's NOT so much that this topic has been answered before as is the fact that:

Bottom line is
(1) there are some of us who have moved on and out of the pre-pharmacy days
(2) There's a time and place for everything. If we want to go back into the more pre-pharmacy topics, there's a place--it's called "SDN Pre-Pharmacy." Why duplicate areas for such topics?
(3) For the 2 reasons above (less "health professionals" visiting the pre-pharmacy forum), pre-pharmacy students have this strong inclination that they will get more and/or better responses to their questions if they post here (and consequently, if inappropriate, such topics will be moved BACK to the pre-pharmacy forum).
(4) For those of us who return home from long days standing on our feet at the pharmacy after putting in 8-12 hours of work or sitting in 6 hours straight of pharmacy school classes, we find it rather REFRESHING to go to a forum that PRIMARILY discusses current issues our other colleagues (read--pharmacists, current pharamcy students).

Now it's true that there are are some current pharmacy topics discussed in the pre-pharmacy forum. But you have to admit that it's buried in much of the "OMG! I HAVE A 1.5 GPA! WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING IN??????" and it's a chore to have to weed thru that to find the "sustenance"--for instance, over on the pre-pharmacy forum, I had to scroll down to thread #45 (yea, I counted, lol) before reading about something that pertained to my current practice ("just take welbutrin to quit smoking??!") i've read hundreds of scripts (pharmacist) written by MDs who can't write legibly or books/lecture notes (pharmacy student) today and I really don't have the time (or care at all) about some kid whining about their piss-poor performance in freshman year days b/c of drug addiction (as bad as it may sound).

Bottom line--there's a place for everything. You wouldn't go to your work's meeting to discuss why school board elections at your kid's school.

also, many pharmacy students and pharmacists actively try to stay on top of their profession. 1 way is to subscribe to newsletters like Medscape. Another way (maybe it's just me) is to come to SDN PHARMACY forum and see what the other people who work in pharmacies (whether it be current pharmacy students doing internships or pharmacists) have encountered. If you know, there are just 4 yrs for pharmacy school. Time is of the ESSENCE. Keeping things succinct (in both this forum & Medscape Newsletters) has been a primary reason some of us like using these resources to stay active.

Seriously, when I first read the name of this thread, I thought I clicked on the wrong link in my favorites folder, thinking I had clicked on "pre-pharmacy" instead.

What does reading about someone's whining about Physics II have to do w/ me?? Therapeutics, rotations, physiology, ok, now you've got our attention.

Moderators, it would be great if this thread was moved to pre-pharmacy to keep topics in this pharmacy forum relevant & succinct to the current PRACTICE of pharmacy.

I think this thread is supposed to be for people who have been accepted to pharm school for next Fall. I, personally, am not offended by it. The thread could serve as a point of transition from the Pre-pharmacy to the Pharmacy forum. I don't have to read it if I don't want to. I did so because I have P1-itis.

Four and a half more weeks until I'm done and can say I'm a P2. Yippee! That's not to say that I'm not a little burned out and ready for school to end (if only for the summer).

Bravo VCU... but don't allow an insignificant malcontent to take you there. Stay positive, and good luck in your future studies.

I have 2 weeks plus a final exam in organic 2 left, and I have NO motivation! Luckily before I found out I got into Pharm school I had an A going in that class, so I can afford to slip a little, but I think I might be slipping too much!

If you take a quick glance at the topics on the Pre-Pharmacy Forum and then at the Pharmacy forum, you will see a big change. I'll help you:

Pre-pharmacy/kiddy forum--mostly, but not all, blind leading the blind:
"GPA question"
"Advice for 2.3GPA"
"Pharmacy school entry with Low GPA "
"Wall OF Shame"

"But I've currently got a 2.3 gpa for my first 3 years of undergrad work. I'm a little behind of course, and am now just entering the real major coursework.

Did my dreams go up in smoke?"

Pharmacy Forum--more "sustenance"
"Herbs and Dietary Supplement"
"Pharmacy Specialty"
"non-specific antibiotic question"

Yeah, people should research if the quesiton's been addressed before, BUT it's NOT so much that this topic has been answered before as is the fact that:

Bottom line is
(1) there are some of us who have moved on and out of the pre-pharmacy days
(2) There's a time and place for everything. If we want to go back into the more pre-pharmacy topics, there's a place--it's called "SDN Pre-Pharmacy." Why duplicate areas for such topics?
(3) For the 2 reasons above (less "health professionals" visiting the pre-pharmacy forum), pre-pharmacy students have this strong inclination that they will get more and/or better responses to their questions if they post here (and consequently, if inappropriate, such topics will be moved BACK to the pre-pharmacy forum).
(4) For those of us who return home from long days standing on our feet at the pharmacy after putting in 8-12 hours of work or sitting in 6 hours straight of pharmacy school classes, we find it rather REFRESHING to go to a forum that PRIMARILY discusses current issues our other colleagues (read--pharmacists, current pharamcy students).

Now it's true that there are are some current pharmacy topics discussed in the pre-pharmacy forum. But you have to admit that it's buried in much of the "OMG! I HAVE A 1.5 GPA! WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING IN??????" and it's a chore to have to weed thru that to find the "sustenance"--for instance, over on the pre-pharmacy forum, I had to scroll down to thread #45 (yea, I counted, lol) before reading about something that pertained to my current practice ("just take welbutrin to quit smoking??!") i've read hundreds of scripts (pharmacist) written by MDs who can't write legibly or books/lecture notes (pharmacy student) today and I really don't have the time (or care at all) about some kid whining about their piss-poor performance in freshman year days b/c of drug addiction (as bad as it may sound).

Bottom line--there's a place for everything. You wouldn't go to your work's meeting to discuss why school board elections at your kid's school.

also, many pharmacy students and pharmacists actively try to stay on top of their profession. 1 way is to subscribe to newsletters like Medscape. Another way (maybe it's just me) is to come to SDN PHARMACY forum and see what the other people who work in pharmacies (whether it be current pharmacy students doing internships or pharmacists) have encountered. If you know, there are just 4 yrs for pharmacy school. Time is of the ESSENCE. Keeping things succinct (in both this forum & Medscape Newsletters) has been a primary reason some of us like using these resources to stay active.

Seriously, when I first read the name of this thread, I thought I clicked on the wrong link in my favorites folder, thinking I had clicked on "pre-pharmacy" instead.

What does reading about someone's whining about Physics II have to do w/ me?? Therapeutics, rotations, physiology, ok, now you've got our attention.

Moderators, it would be great if this thread was moved to pre-pharmacy to keep topics in this pharmacy forum relevant & succinct to the current PRACTICE of pharmacy.

You are just an extremely nasty malcontent.. spend less time on here if it evokes so much emotion dude and get some sort of life, serious advice. I see this as an extremely useful tool for developing common ground with future peers. Who are you to dictate how any of us should go about doing so? Short of illicit, or unethical postings, your options are very few in controlling dialogue here. Next time look at the headline, be smart enough to infer that it has no relevance to your existence and kindly pass it by- that simple. But you really have no right to cast such a negative shadow.

I have 2 weeks plus a final exam in organic 2 left, and I have NO motivation! Luckily before I found out I got into Pharm school I had an A going in that class, so I can afford to slip a little, but I think I might be slipping too much!

Hey... try this website. I got an A/B in Orgo I/II... did alot of reading on Wikipedia about fucntional group reactions and used this website below to study as well. It has electronic flashcards that can help you out. Hold it together for just 2 more weeks, then enjoy your summer.

http://www.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/organic/flashcards/

Well, my senioritis is not so bad anymore! One of my teachers (who I have for 2 classes) decided to cancel the final exams! So, I have one Human Pharmachology exam, one Drugs Subject to Abuse exam, and one Microeconomics Final left and I'M FINALLY DONE!

Well, this forum is actually for both pharmacy students and practitioners; so topics related to classes is not actually out of the range of this forum. I agree that I would be a little disappointed if I saw another GPA question here--those endless inquiries definitely do belong in pre-pharmacy, but I don't see this topic as being out of line for current pharmacy students. Maybe there should be a forum created just for practioners so that students' questions related to classes won't bother you as much?

Hey... try this website. I got an A/B in Orgo I/II... did alot of reading on Wikipedia about fucntional group reactions and used this website below to study as well. It has electronic flashcards that can help you out. Hold it together for just 2 more weeks, then enjoy your summer.

http://www.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/organic/flashcards/

That's so awesome! I think it will be a great help to me (as well as to anyone else who wants to practice ochem reactions). Thanks!

I have such miserable senioritis!!! Only two more weeks left for me... I'm taking Genetics, Economics, and Evolution... The hardest part for me is knowing that none of these classes are required for my Pharm school (They were my back-up plan...). Will anyone ever see this semester's GPA? Will anyone even care about this semester's GPA? I find it very hard to care when no one else will...

Hang in there! Summer is almost here!!!!:)

Same situation I am taking classes that were my backup plan (go to Washington State U. to slave in the lab for 5 years and hope to have a PhD by the end of it). The only class anybodly cares about is my A&P II class but that is still very hard to do. I also have 8 more weeks of this. It's going to be a long two months. At least this summer will be the 1st in 4 years that I will not be in school. Hawaii, Cancun, Kentucky, Maryland here I come

its getting real bad

One of my co-workers says that I have the worst case of senioritis she seen since I never show up to class with her. I have three classes that I just need to pass in order not to pay back grant money. I am taking Environmental ethics, molecular bio lab, and a intro to psych class............... all p/np!!!!

i spend most my time being a couch potato

i'm the same too! i have two blow off classes - art, and human health and disease:sleep:

i also have two difficult classes - medical microbio, and biochem:scared:

and none of these classes are pre-reqs for pharm school!:D

5 more days to goooo!!!!!!!!! :eek:

savor the feeling guys, because we won't feel this again for another 4 years!!!!:love:

It's a refreshing feeling, to be honest. It's like, you've come this far, enjoy your last month of freedom!

I'm in the same boat (One B on my transcript thus far and now I'm just trying to stay motivated enough to show up for classes over the next couple of weeks...

Only two more weeks left for me... The hardest part for me is knowing that none of these classes are required for my Pharm school (They were my back-up plan...). Will anyone ever see this semester's GPA? Will anyone even care about this semester's GPA? I find it very hard to care when no one else will...

Same here, little less than 2 weeks (1 of lecture and then FINALS), I just blew off Cell Bio. today for the 2nd consecutive class (which is something I never do for any course). Both classes were for "Journal Paper Presentations" for extra credit/bonus (up to 4% on your final grade). I had every intention of putting something dynamite for my presentation, but something hit me last week ... senioritis... perhaps it has always been there this semester (even before getting accepted). I put something together, but honestly was not prepared to give a quality presentation on "tubulin tyrosination at + ends of microtubules". Have a low A in there based on just the exams and figured what's the point of getting 2% for my 1/2 a$$ presentation.

Taking 5 courses this semester (full load) and 4 of the courses are not required for the pharmacy school (this includes the Cell Bio.), found this bit of info out in Apr. when I received my letter. So only need a C in Organic II and that's in the bag.

I am catching up on some needed exercise, drinking and lots of movie watching this term.

This is one of my main goals right after FINALS, get back into some shape, lose couple of inches on the waist, along with about 10 lbs. Fit in those shirts and pants a little nicer for the fall and for my own sake.

I hope to get back to my normal self very soon because i dont want to have the feeling similar to losing your last game before the playoff after you have had the best record of the season.

I hear that... :thumbup:

Today was the last day of classes for me...now I just have finals to go. Looks like I'm gonna end up with a C or two, but it's no longer bothering me (I dunno if that's good or bad :p )! I'll be done with everything by this time next week and then the real fun begins (if the house sells, anyway - will have to find a place closer to school, pack, move, and work some). I can't wait!

I'll be done with everything by this time next week and then the real fun begins (if the house sells, anyway - will have to find a place closer to school, pack, move, and work some). I can't wait!

I took a long shot chance and purposely shopped for a house close to the pharmacy school I wanted to got to, in the hopes of getting accepted. The gamble paid off, less than a 1 miles commute (if you can call it that). Best of luck to you, I hate the physical aspect of moving everything.

I couldn't afford to have senioritis before yesterday. I finally got accepted yesterday, now I can finally sit back, relax and cruise for the next 5 weeks.
Man what a relief.

I couldn't afford to have senioritis before yesterday. I finally got accepted yesterday, now I can finally sit back, relax and cruise for the next 5 weeks.
Man what a relief.

It is a good feeling, isn't it?!!? I'm finally done for the semester - finished out with an A and two Bs. Now I'm looking forward to getting back to the "real life" stuff that's been on hold since January :rolleyes:

P.S. Pharmercyst- change your sig already :p

Man what a relief.

Congratulations Farmercyst! I'm glad to see you got in-- you seem like a real helpful, caring person. Good luck in pharmacy school!

It is a good feeling, isn't it?!!? I'm finally done for the semester - finished out with an A and two Bs. Now I'm looking forward to getting back to the "real life" stuff that's been on hold since January :rolleyes:

P.S. Pharmercyst- change your sig already :p

I was going to change sig and avatar at the same time. Spent an hour looking for a cool SC avatar. Everything was football, plain jane, or something my wife wouldn't approve of.:oops: Not that I mind football, but I figured I'd change it around August for Football, they had a few cool SC pumpkins for October, nothing that stuck out and said I'm an SC druggist.

Update** Is this better?