Anybody got any cool tachydysrhythmia EKGs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing my lecture (as a pgy2) on tachydysrhythmias, and am looking for some specific EKGs...

SVT with aberrancy
Pacemakers with wide complex tachycardias with rapid ventricular pacing
Adenosine sensitive VT.

If anyone has any cool EKGs, or whatever, feel free to copy it, scan it, and send it to me. Will pay $1.00 via paypal!
Q

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize for not being able to post my own personal EKGs here but I dont have my medical file yet, its going to be shipped to me soon. I have a non-sustained VT in an otherwise normal heart. I had several very dangerous attacks when I was in college. My HR got to be 250 at one point on a 24-halter monitor and when I called the center taking the recording they insisted I head to the ED and told me I was having a heart attack. That attack lasted about 20 minutes, had two more bouts that same night. My cardiologist thought I originally had a typical case of SVT, but I was having some really strange peaks showing up here and there. He said in 25 years he had never seen this before, his partner hadnt either. Fun times.

Sorry - I have nothin' for you, but Lifestar here in CT just took a call to tx a pt in V-Tach to Yale. Maybe SouthernDoc will catch something good for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got a really cool before and after of antidromic WPW. 58yoM came in cool, pale, diaphoretic with CP, wide complex tach at >200. I shocked him into a NSR with obvious deltas. Let me know if you want them. I think I can scan them and email. I have a day off later this week.

I saw a really cool pacemaker tachycardia like you are looking for in a patient with chest pain a few weeks ago. The cool part was putting a magnet on their chest and watching the tachycardia and chest pain go away. Pull the magnet away and the tachycardia and the chest pain comes back. Put it back and call cards to come reprogram the delay on the darn thing. Sorry but I don't think I saved the EKG but you could probably fake one by drawing pacer spikes on an SVT with aberrancy. :D

docB said:
I've got a really cool before and after of antidromic WPW. 58yoM came in cool, pale, diaphoretic with CP, wide complex tach at >200. I shocked him into a NSR with obvious deltas. Let me know if you want them. I think I can scan them and email. I have a day off later this week.

I'd love to have it. If scanning takes too long, you can probably take a pic with a digicam and send it that way. You've got a PM.
Q

ERMudPhud said:
you could probably fake one by drawing pacer spikes on an SVT with aberrancy. :D

Might have to do it. Break out the ruler and draw some really straight lines about 500 times. :)

Q

I have a gen-u-ine Torsades if you would be interested. It goes VT to torsades to sinus with Georgia Power each step of the way.

Chris_Topher said:
I have a gen-u-ine Torsades if you would be interested. It goes VT to torsades to sinus with Georgia Power each step of the way.

Sure! I'd love to have a copy. You've got a PM.
Q

Hmmm, well I had an accelerated junctional last night.

I'll check our 'cool ekg file' tonight, see what I can find. I also know someone who had a pt with WPW adn was tachy