Anybody heard from WashU recently? (post-interview)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobears

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed in early December and haven't heard anything from WashU. They told us we'd hear shortly after the holidays, but I've seen posts about a December 20 meeting with decisions going out the next day. They didn't mention anything to us during the interview day about that Dec. 20 meeting. Has anybody heard anything from WashU recently? If so, when did you hear and when did you interview? Oh yeah, this is for regular MD. Thanks.

How about them Bears? First place, baby.

Members don't see this ad.

I just heard over Christmas break. The acceptance packet was sent on December 21st. I interviewed on November 19th and received the card a couple of weeks ago about not expecting to hear from WashU for a couple of months.

I hope this helps and good luck!

I got both the letter that said I wouldn't hear anything for months and the acceptance letter on the same day. Weird stuff. My interview was Dec 7 but it was MD/PhD which they tend to really accelerate if the MSTP committee recommends the applicant. In any case the MD committee meets periodically. Their next meeting will be around Jan 20. This is the day when the next burst of acceptances will go out.

Do the waitlist letters go out the same time as the acceptances, or do they come much, much later like most schools? I didn't even get that "Don't expect to hear from us for a while" letter. By the way, thanks for the info. Now I'm hoping that my app hasn't been reviewed yet. Hopefully no mail til January 20!