Anybody here applied for UTHSCSA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMarioRobles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, anybody here applied for UTHSCSA? I was wondering if they are done selecting IDEP candidates. Thank you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

No UTHSCSA this year for me, let’s try again next year! That schools seems really good, you guys should look it up, they don’t use CAAPID.

how can i prepare for interview at UTHSCSA Idep?
how can i prepare for interview at UTHSCSA Idep?
Last year when I was invited it was my first time applying for a school and it was my first interview, so I didn’t know what to expect and to be honest with you I didn’t prepare at all lol. I don’t think there’s much to prepare for this interviews, you already graduated from dental school, you already passed your board examinations, you got this. UTHSCSA professors and students where super nice, last year the whole process was online. The first day the IDEP students answered all the questions we had for them, then Dr. Parma gave us a tour of the school “it seemed like a very good school”, the second day 4 professors interviewed us individually, and then there was a bench test online where they posted a couple of pictures and asked you to explain what you see, if everything was ok, if you would do anything differently, things like that. But overall it was super nice and not stressful at all, if you’re invited just go there and answer whatever they ask you. If I can give you an advice, have the resume you sent them in front of you, because I remember one of the professors kept asking me about a specialization in endodontics that supposedly I wrote in the resume and I asked him if it wasn’t a CE program I added in the resume, and he kept saying that it was a specialization, so I wish I had the resume in front of me so I could’ve shown him at the moment. That’s pretty much it, if there’s anything else you want to know about the interview just let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year when I was invited it was my first time applying for a school and it was my first interview, so I didn’t know what to expect and to be honest with you I didn’t prepare at all lol. I don’t think there’s much to prepare for this interviews, you already graduated from dental school, you already passed your board examinations, you got this. UTHSCSA professors and students where super nice, last year the whole process was online. The first day the IDEP students answered all the questions we had for them, then Dr. Parma gave us a tour of the school “it seemed like a very good school”, the second day 4 professors interviewed us individually, and then there was a bench test online where they posted a couple of pictures and asked you to explain what you see, if everything was ok, if you would do anything differently, things like that. But overall it was super nice and not stressful at all, if you’re invited just go there and answer whatever they ask you. If I can give you an advice, have the resume you sent them in front of you, because I remember one of the professors kept asking me about a specialization in endodontics that supposedly I wrote in the resume and I asked him if it wasn’t a CE program I added in the resume, and he kept saying that it was a specialization, so I wish I had the resume in front of me so I could’ve shown him at the moment. That’s pretty much it, if there’s anything else you want to know about the interview just let me know.
Hi! Could you please explain the bench test questions in detail if you remember?...Thank you for the info!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Could you please explain the bench test questions in detail if you remember?...Thank you for the info!
It was more like a conversation, there was a couple of pictures of periapical x-rays, crown preps, periograms etc… I was just told to tell them what I saw, if everything looked good, if I would change anything, if there was any errors, things like that. I don’t think you can prepare for that. If you guys got an interview offer from them just remember that most likely there’s something special about you and you are above the average applicant, don’t stress out, just go in there and answer whatever they ask you.

Hi guys, when we’re the first interviews sent out for UTHSCSA? I got an email earlier this year saying the application date was pushed back. Can I also ask what everyone’s credentials were who got an interview? I only recently got a job as a dental assistant and I’m wondering if that would affect anything

No UTHSCSA this year for me, let’s try again next year! That schools seems really good, you guys should look it up, they don’t use CAAPID.
Did you get waitlisted last year at UTHSCSA if you don't mind me asking :)

Hi guys, when we’re the first interviews sent out for UTHSCSA? I got an email earlier this year saying the application date was pushed back. Can I also ask what everyone’s credentials were who got an interview? I only recently got a job as a dental assistant and I’m wondering if that would affect anything
The first batch they invited this year was on August 30th I believe

Did you get waitlisted last year at UTHSCSA if you don't mind me asking :)
Nope, no wait list for me. They sent an email thanking me for considering UTHSCSA, and asked me to apply again the following year. So far I haven’t received an interview from them, so let’s see what happens.

Last edited: