anybody know this...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uknowwhoitis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I read on some other forum of a guy who had a 3.65 and 20 mcat and he applied to sgu and they said to retake the mcat to even get an interview in. I admit that this has scared me because I have a:

3.88 overall, 3.94 science, 25o mcat (11,10,4VR), 1 year research, red cross volunteer, other small EC's...

...and I was wondering because I am going to apply this month (July) for the jan 07 term. What are my chances? I know that some of you will bash me and say to call, but please if you know of someone or heard something please give me insight as to my overall chance at even an interview because that poor guy didnt even get an interview :scared: . Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

uknowwhoitis said:
hi all,

I read on some other forum of a guy who had a 3.65 and 20 mcat and he applied to sgu and they said to retake the mcat to even get an interview in. I admit that this has scared me because I have a:

3.88 overall, 3.94 science, 25o mcat (11,10,4VR), 1 year research, red cross volunteer, other small EC's...

...and I was wondering because I am going to apply this month (July) for the jan 07 term. What are my chances? I know that some of you will bash me and say to call, but please if you know of someone or heard something please give me insight as to my overall chance at even an interview because that poor guy didnt even get an interview :scared: . Thanks!!!

sometimes the adcom will offer conditional acceptance and ask you to retake the mcat, or they could offer you a seat in the Foundations of Medicine class (FOM) i believe...its a sort of premed semester and if you maintain a GPA of 3.2 you have a seat in the following semester for Med 1...the only way to really know is to apply...only a $75 application fee and you can find out :thumbup:

With such strong GPA I would seriously reconsider taking the MCAT....ur sciences sections are good, VR sux I know..but you could deff improve upon it