1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody know why the other forum (www.futureoptomerist) doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by SCO 3rd year, Apr 14, 2004.

1. SCO 3rd year

SCO 3rd year Junior Member

the forum on the site listed above hasn't been working for a few weeks/maybe shut down. Anyone know why? It was the only forum about optometry school/optometry that I knew about until I found this one (luckily a few days before that forum closed.) I'm glad I cut and pasted some stuff from there (in my other post) before it closed. Since there is no ranking system that I know of for optometry schools, these forums can really help pre-OD students decide on a school. I wonder if it was closed due to negative comments made about some schools.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. acurael

acurael Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i know it sucks that they closed the forum...i dont think theyre gonna open it again...looks that way

there were alot of good posts on that site; comments and stuff about the diff schools...now theyre all gone :mad:

4. J.opt

7+ Year Member

Yeah, I found out about that website on the day they were closing it down. It seems that their membership with the company that provided the forum expired or something like that. I saved some SCO stuff; I can email it to you if you want it :thumbup:

5. OD.

OD. Junior Member

We are just going to have to make this the new message board. This site doesn't look like it will be closing down anytime soon!

6. acurael

acurael Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

\

nah its alright...i was actually interested in the info about pacific and ICO
    most of the comments were bad about SCO...i rmb that :p

7. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    :clap: :clap:

tell your friends :)

8. Olanzapine

Olanzapine Membership Revoked
    Removed

I heard a rumor that SDN launched a pre-emptive attack on that other forum and destroyed it. :scared: The administrators thought that they were harboring weapons of mass destruction, but ultimately, weren't able to find any. I think that the whole thing turned out to be kinda short-sighted. You get it, short sighted? :laugh: Sigh...

-Olanzapine, OD