Anybody likely to decline an interview?

Started by Qui
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qui

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got waitlisted for an interview. Is that a nice way of telling me I'm rejected? Who is likely to decline their interview? I think most ppl would go anyway for the experience.🙁
 
A lot of people I have looked at decline some interviews. I know I would. I have been accepted on a school so I am not considering interviewing at a couple that I know I wouldn't pick over that school for various reasons even if I get asked. I even have an interview I would cancel to save traveling expenses if I got into a certain school.
 
I think declining interviews is pretty common. Especially later in the cycle. If you've got unlimited funds to jet set around the country, then by all means visit all the programs you can. Otherwise, after 1 acceptance I think most ppl put a little more thought into whether they're going to decline or accept an interview offer.