Anybody think Goljan writes UW questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tiger26

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After listening to the Dude throughout the year and learning his book in lieu of our school's path curriculum, I feel like I know pretty well how he thinks and what kind of questions he asks (I'm also all too familiar with all of his stories and family members, as I'm sure everybody else is by now)

Anyway, does anybody else see a distinctly Goljan-esque theme in a significant number of the UWorld path questions. Either he's so good at predicting how question writers think, or he's the root source of these.

Coincidence? I think not--what do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

According to one of the Kaplan professors, UW questions are written by medical students and/or former medical students. I don't know how much there is to this statment. However, it would explain the similarities in question stems, graphs and explanations on UW considering the vast amount of medical students that use Goljan as a reference.

probably true, but I had atleast 15-20 questions or so on the real thing nearly verbatim from UW...

I think they have a bunch of old trolls who they feed bad food to and make them watch horror movies stuffed in a basement somewhere. Those old trolls are so miserable that they take it out on innocent medical students by making up these outrageous questions. And then they take advantage of our OCD nature and have us pay through the nose for the privilege of getting our butts kicked on a daily basis.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they have a bunch of old trolls who they feed bad food to and make them watch horror movies stuffed in a basement somewhere. Those old trolls are so miserable that they take it out on innocent medical students by making up these outrageous questions. And then they take advantage of our OCD nature and have us pay through the nose for the privilege of getting our butts kicked on a daily basis.

I think that explains it!! :D

Is this the life of a pathologist too?

Hilarious. So true.

Anybody done the UW assessment? If so, you will definitely find an inside joke about a certain protozoa and the cold war.

No way! That's awesome. I honestly don't think he writes for them, but I wouldn't doubt that the questions writers have listened to his lectures, read his book etc. Plus, the man (Goljan) does seem to have a lot of natural insight into how the actual USMLE authors write questions, but don't forget he has spoken with numerous students who previously took the actual exam.