Anybody Use A Broker?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

walrustooth

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used to be one, but I've never encountered one that I trust. The only ones I know are worthless and I've known big firm, small firm, independent, and bank brokers. Even the self-proclaimed CFP, financial planners or fee only suck hardcore.

I do everything on my own. What could possible warrant paying between 1% and 5% of your assets?

Please, anybody? Please no mention of individuals or firm names...I'm just curious about experiences.
 
Brokers suck period.

They typically have a conflict of interest, such as getting a commission for pushing something, that they don't let you on.

If you want to invest and are new to it, just put your money into an index fund. I recommend Vanguard since they're pretty cheap.
 
Agreed with previous post to use Vanguard index fund or ETF's. Using broker and paying annual 1% to 4% fees over long term investment horizon of a few decades will wipe out most of your returns!