Anyone 25 or up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it awesome being this wise?

• Total voters

ewat08

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
applying for Optometry School?

I just wanted to get a sense that we have more than I thought. :)

Hey Hey!

Where you guys applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm 33, so well over 25. Vision therapy changed my life and I was able to finally read books and see 3D for the first time about a year ago so I decide to make the career switch and pursue optometry.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm 33, so well over 25. Vision therapy changed my life and I was able to finally read books and see 3D for the first time about a year ago so I decide to make the career switch and pursue optometry.

Wow! Your story is super Inspiring! You will do great in this profession. You have such a beautiful purpose. Thank you for sharing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Your story is super Inspiring! You will do great in this profession. You have such a beautiful purpose. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you! I wish you well in your applications!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to MCO, ICO, CCO, PCO and IUSO. I’ve been accepted to CCO and PCO

Good for you! That's wonderful. I am preparing for the OAT right now. How did you prepare yourself for the OAT? if you don't mind me asking.

Good for you! That's wonderful. I am preparing for the OAT right now. How did you prepare yourself for the OAT? if you don't mind me asking.
Well there was a lot of whining . I used coursesaver’s OAT videos. Chad is the best!! I used chad videos during my undergrad classes so I knew that I would find his videos beneficial. I thought it help bc with the OAT you need to know the tricks of how to be fast and estimate stuff. And I also bought the crack the oat program so I could take lots of practice tests. Building your stamina helps. And being use to the time helps too so you don’t feel as rushed and can process the question better. Sometimes I read the questions too fast and miss what it’s really asking and get simple things wrong.

Well there was a lot of whining . I used coursesaver’s OAT videos. Chad is the best!! I used chad videos during my undergrad classes so I knew that I would find his videos beneficial. I thought it help bc with the OAT you need to know the tricks of how to be fast and estimate stuff. And I also bought the crack the oat program so I could take lots of practice tests. Building your stamina helps. And being use to the time helps too so you don’t feel as rushed and can process the question better. Sometimes I read the questions too fast and miss what it’s really asking and get simple things wrong.

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Waiting to hear back from CCO

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Waiting to hear back from CCO
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/19/18
Date verified: 9/24/18
OAT Scores: 310 AA / 310 TS
Major: Biology with a concentration in Pre-Optometry
GPA: 3.2
Extracurricular Activities: 7+ years as a certified ophthalmic technician and scribe at an integrated ophthalmology practice, shadowed multiple optometry practices, shadowed different surgeries, part of my undergrad's pre-optometry club, pre-optometry member of AOSA, volunteer at the salvation army, a volunteer with the Carmelite sisters
Schools applied: MCO, CCO, ICO, IUSO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: CCO (9/27), PCO (9/28), ICO (10/15)
Interviews accepted: CCO (10/8), PCO (10/26)
Interviews declined: ICO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
CCO (10/9), PCO (10/31)

I copied my post from the class of 2023 forum. Hope that’s okay. Hope it helps

Reactions: 1 user
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/19/18
Date verified: 9/24/18
OAT Scores: 310 AA / 310 TS
Major: Biology with a concentration in Pre-Optometry
GPA: 3.2
Extracurricular Activities: 7+ years as a certified ophthalmic technician and scribe at an integrated ophthalmology practice, shadowed multiple optometry practices, shadowed different surgeries, part of my undergrad's pre-optometry club, pre-optometry member of AOSA, volunteer at the salvation army, a volunteer with the Carmelite sisters
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
CCO (10/9), PCO (10/31)

I copied my post from the class of 2023 forum. Hope that’s okay. Hope it helps
My experience is identical to yours but I scores a 280 on the OAT. Also I'm an Optical manager working an hour away from home with twin toddlers. I plan to retake the OAT in January. Using Coursesavers this time. Any advice?

Have you used DAT Bootcamp? I like the Chem videos and questions for the other subject matters.

Does "interviews declined" mean you declined them?

Last edited:
My experience is identical to yours but I scores a 280 on the OAT. Also I'm an Optical manager working an hour away from home with twin toddlers. I plan to retake the OAT in January. Using Coursesavers this time. Any advice?

hey friend! i work at target optical so i feel u!
how is your process going? lmk!