Anyone accepted with 18 DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

science luv

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to ask you current dental students if anyone had been accepted with 18 DAT scores? I am so frustrated with this score! My GPA 3.6, and I have a 3 years work experience as dental assistant

Members don't see this ad.

It's harder but some in my class have 18 overall

Reactions: 1 user
People get in with lower than an 18 consistently. The average accepted is usually 18-19 AA. Of course some schools only accept those with >22 but those are the outliers.

You have a good GPA now just apply broadly and interview well. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
People get in with lower than an 18 consistently. The average accepted is usually 18-19 AA. Of course some schools only accept those with >22 but those are the outliers.

Thank you for encouragement

I want to ask you current dental students if anyone had been accepted with 18 DAT scores? I am so frustrated with this score! My GPA 3.6, and I have a 3 years work experience as dental assistant
I was in the same spot as you are last year when I applied. I got 19 AA and applied to 12 schools got 4 interviews 3 acceptances. I was very frustrated with lower than 20 AA but I still applied. I will say, if you have other factors that makes you a well qualify candidate then just go ahead and apply.

Reactions: 1 users
me! Worst than you my GPA was 3.52 and I had very little dental experiences.

Is there anyone who got in with 19AA, 20TS, and PAT 21? please let me know if i have chances of getting in any dental school? Midwestern in Arizona already put me on hold for interview. In addition to this i have GPA of 3.7, 120 hours of shadowing, dental assistant, and research experience. is there any particular school you can recommend with these stats please let me know.

Average is slightly over 20 at my school. 17 was the lowest in the class. Averages are going up.

Last edited:
Of course schools are accepting 18AA, mine included, I was just correcting what the average is. The average is consistently around 20 for many schools. Even the website you posted shows that the average accepted DAT is 19.9AA in 2013.

Of course schools are accepting 18AA, mine included, I was just correcting what the average is. The average is consistently around 20 for many schools. Even the website you posted shows that the average accepted DAT is 19.9AA in 2013.

Awesome

Had a friend get into UCSF with an 18 and was oos too. The applicant as a whole is important.

Reactions: 1 users
I know a person who did that...but it was a state school and they had a 3.7-3.8 range gpa and an amazing interview

16 here. Now it was 10 years ago. Just finished my OMS residency a few years ago too. I'm dumb as a brick, but worked my tail off. Always fight for what you want in life. Simple as that. Good luck.

Reactions: 12 users
I think theres 1 or 2 people who got 18AA in my class, they had a ton of extracurricular and past careers.

You might get in somewhere with those stats but if I were you Id try to retake it and aim for at least a 20AA just to be safe.

Had a friend get into UCSF with an 18 and was oos too. The applicant as a whole is important.
Do you know when your friend applied? I applied to UCSF last year with an 18 and a 3.67 gpa (now my gpa is 3.71), and I didn't get in. They sent me a supplemental but denied me soon after. I did send my application on September 18th though so maybe that was too late.

Do you know when your friend applied? I applied to UCSF last year with an 18 and a 3.67 gpa (now my gpa is 3.71), and I didn't get in. They sent me a supplemental but denied me soon after. I did send my application on September 18th though so maybe that was too late.
Would have been the 2020 class. She got her application in fairly late if I remember right, like mid september?

16 here. Now it was 10 years ago. Just finished my OMS residency a few years ago too. I'm dumb as a brick, but worked my tail off. Always fight for what you want in life. Simple as that. Good luck.
That's good to hear. I often read that health professional schools can sometimes be so hard or busy that without natural smarts, you can't be top/near top of your class. May I ask how you studied or any changes you made from ugrad to d school?

got in with 18 in math. 23 ish in other parts.
little bit lower gpa than urs.
i had 6 yrs of DA experience.