anyone accpeted to wetern or touro with below 3.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moldovanits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
?if yes let me know if not tell me anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

excuse my spelling for western late night studying for final tomorrow in ochem

my gf's brother's friend got in with a 2.7 i think. Then again it was his 4-5 time applying there. Western that is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in to both schools and i only have a 3.11. I think most schools are looking for a 3.0 or above to be considered competitive.

last i heard, and that was this year applying. you need a 3.0 in overall and science as well as a BS or BA to be accepted to touro. there are exceptions, but i think very little though.

last i heard, and that was this year applying. you need a 3.0 in overall and science as well as a BS or BA to be accepted to touro. there are exceptions, but i think very little though.

i have a 2.8 gpa science 3.2 overall plus alot of volunteering at the braille institute with the blind and disadvantaged.do i stand a chance or i need to take retake my general chem?

i have a 2.8 gpa science 3.2 overall plus alot of volunteering at the braille institute with the blind and disadvantaged.do i stand a chance or i need to take retake my general chem?

the braille institute in los angeles?

thts a tough one. your activities sound great. still, i would retake g-chem or take some other science classes and ace them cuz california schools are already competitive as it is. i know that last yr (when the school was only into their first year) a friend of mine got in with stats similar to yours. why dont you call the school and ask them urself. they may just tell u the truth about ur chances even better than any of us can.

I got in to both schools and i only have a 3.11. I think most schools are looking for a 3.0 or above to be considered competitive.

did you have any other experiences/volunteer/pharm tech/ECs?

thts a tough one. your activities sound great. still, i would retake g-chem or take some other science classes and ace them cuz california schools are already competitive as it is. i know that last yr (when the school was only into their first year) a friend of mine got in with stats similar to yours. why dont you call the school and ask them urself. they may just tell u the truth about ur chances even better than any of us can.

I called western and they said the competitive gpa is 3.2 bcpm but then again its competitive they say 3.0 should be ok but that sounds to iffy though.

I got accepted to Touro. I have a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. 3.1GPA 64%PCAT. Shadowed Pharmacists, Worked in a research lab at my school, Interned two summers at the National Institute of Health and volunteered delivering meals to the elderly.

I know that Touro only accepts canidates with a BS or BA. And most pharmacy schools say 3.0 GPA's to be competative.

Members don't see this ad :)

oh cool. i go to LACC and after taking a tour of the braille institute, i thought about volunteering. maybe this summer when i have more free time.

what does it mean when they applied 4-5 times? i thought you can only apply once then if rejected try again next year? 4-5 times= 4-5years?

probably. It would have to mean 4-5 years of reapplying. But wait, that doesn't make sense because Touro has only been open for a couple of years. I don't know then.

oh cool. i go to LACC and after taking a tour of the braille institute, i thought about volunteering. maybe this summer when i have more free time.

you definitely should you will get a lot of out it. talk to joann volunteer services she'll hook you up.:thumbup:

probably. It would have to mean 4-5 years of reapplying. But wait, that doesn't make sense because Touro has only been open for a couple of years. I don't know then.

I think he got into western>?

I got accepted to Touro. I have a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. 3.1GPA 64%PCAT. Shadowed Pharmacists, Worked in a research lab at my school, Interned two summers at the National Institute of Health and volunteered delivering meals to the elderly.

I know that Touro only accepts canidates with a BS or BA. And most pharmacy schools say 3.0 GPA's to be competative.

Is that correct? Touro only accepts candidates with a BS or BA?? It does not say that on their site, it just says that candidates without a BS or BA are required to take a list of other classes... plz clear the confusion somebody. thnx..... and is there anyone here that got accepted to touro without a BS or BA? thanx

Is that correct? Touro only accepts candidates with a BS or BA?? It does not say that on their site, it just says that candidates without a BS or BA are required to take a list of other classes... plz clear the confusion somebody. thnx..... and is there anyone here that got accepted to touro without a BS or BA? thanx

their profile of accepted students shows that 100% of their incoming class have a degree. no school will tell u not to apply b/c they want ur app money.

im out of state..wld it affect my chances of gettin into touro or western?

where can i find a list of with and without bachelors acceptance rate at vairous schools. thnx

where can i find a list of with and without bachelors acceptance rate at vairous schools. thnx

a list like this does not exist. look at each school's site, and very very few of them release that info. u might even wanna call each school to ask.