China and Eastern Asia Anyone apply to HKU/ CUHK for Sept 2011 Entry?

Started by MHPL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently taking in a bachelor of science program. I realize that my GPA is horrid and I am looking at ways to help improve my marks.
If I take courses in the summer term (not considered full-time student at my university) will my marks still be included in my GPA?

Will taking the MCAT help my application for the next cycle? I was thinking that it would fit in the public examinations section. Does HKU even care about the MCAT?

I'm in a university in Canada that gives out percentages instead of GPAs how do they get converted to a 4.0 scale? Is it something like this?

85% and up = A/A+ = 4.0
80-84 = A- = 3.7
75-79 = B+ = 3.3
70-74 = B = 3.0
65-69 = B- = 2.7
60-64 = C+ = 2.3
55-59 = C = 2.0
50 - 54 = D = 1.0
below = F = 0
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a phone call regarding a conditional offer to CUHK!

I do however need to pass a Chinese test, but accordingly to the admin, everyone who's gone back to take the test has passed it.

I'm stoked. Most likely will accept the offer. Hope to see everyone in August/September.
 
just got a phone call regarding a conditional offer to cuhk!

I do however need to pass a chinese test, but accordingly to the admin, everyone who's gone back to take the test has passed it.

I'm stoked. Most likely will accept the offer. Hope to see everyone in august/september.


well done!!!
 
Congratulations Kenneth for your interview and jongwong for your offer!!

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything as of today either...
 
Last edited:
I called in and the lady told me might be end of this week or next week for the hku interview invites.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any here knows if it is possible for overseas (uk/australia) medical school students to transfer back to hku/cuhk yr1 or above? if yes what will be the requirements?
 
I'm not sure about what's the number of applicants who get invited but I hear the interview is traditional style.
 
Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite!! Good luck! 🙂

And for us people who didn't get an invite, can we safely assume that we have been rejected?
(Though our application status has still not been changed yet?)
 
Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite!! Good luck! 🙂

And for us people who didn't get an invite, can we safely assume that we have been rejected?
(Though our application status has still not been changed yet?)

I applied to CUHK. I have not heard back from them yet. It seems like all those that got interviews are from HKU~ Did you apply to HKU or CU?
 
I applied to CUHK but I heard nothing from them too. For those of you who got HKU invites, are they all on June 9/10? Anyone got an invite with exact time/date?
 
I applied to CUHK. I have not heard back from them yet. It seems like all those that got interviews are from HKU~ Did you apply to HKU or CU?

I applied to both HKU and CUHK. Nothing yet.

But jongwong had his CUHK interview a little while back and even got a conditional offer. That's why I was anxious to ask...
 
Hi everyone!

Here is some up to date information regarding HKU and CUHK non-jupas.

HKU MBBS
1) Non-jupas high school students - interviews held in April
2) Non-jupas university students - interviews on 9th & 10th June, notified mid May

CUHK MBChB
1) 2 rounds of interviews have been held, including for a few non-jupas students
2) 3 more rounds of interviews are still to be held
3) Next round of interview is on 17th June, notified early June
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

Here is some up to date information regarding HKU and CUHK non-jupas.

HKU MBBS
1) Non-jupas high school students - interviews held in April
2) Non-jupas university students - interviews on 9th & 10th June, notified mid May

CUHK MBChB
1) 2 rounds of interviews have been held, including for a few non-jupas students
2) 3 more rounds of interviews are still to be held
3) Next round of interview is on 17th June, notified early June

Thx! but how did you find out about these facts?
 
Hi everyone!

Here is some up to date information regarding HKU and CUHK non-jupas.

HKU MBBS
1) Non-jupas high school students - interviews held in April
2) Non-jupas university students - interviews on 9th & 10th June, notified mid May

CUHK MBChB
1) 2 rounds of interviews have been held, including for a few non-jupas students
2) 3 more rounds of interviews are still to be held
3) Next round of interview is on 17th June, notified early June

What about EAS non-jupas students for both HKU and CUHK? When's the latest that they will receive letters of acceptance?
 
Hi everyone!

Here is some up to date information regarding HKU and CUHK non-jupas.

HKU MBBS
1) Non-jupas high school students - interviews held in April
2) Non-jupas university students - interviews on 9th & 10th June, notified mid May

CUHK MBChB
1) 2 rounds of interviews have been held, including for a few non-jupas students
2) 3 more rounds of interviews are still to be held
3) Next round of interview is on 17th June, notified early June
It is early June already, but nothing heard from CUHK, anyone got news already ?
 
I am asking the same question, Peter

The interview is on June 17th (next Friday). With only 8 more days ahead, anybody heard about CUHK sending out invites yet?

the waiting is killing me....
 
I am asking the same question, Peter

The interview is on June 17th (next Friday). With only 8 more days ahead, anybody heard about CUHK sending out invites yet?

the waiting is killing me....

Leaving only about one week's time, oh ------
 
I've called cuhk med admission today, the lady told me the invitation for 17 June was out, I ve my Hku interview on 9 June, I heard at least 3 ppl said they hadn't got invitation from cuhk yet, so strange@@! Anyone have got cuhk's?
 
Thank you mbbsmbchb2011 for passing down the information. It was not a good feeling to be completely left in the dark.

Also, does anyone know if the 'rejected' status is updated per student every so often, or if it will all be sent out for all unsuccessful applicants ALL AT ONCE? (For both HKU and CUHK) Thanks!
 
Thank you mbbsmbchb2011 for passing down the information. It was not a good feeling to be completely left in the dark.

Also, does anyone know if the 'rejected' status is updated per student every so often, or if it will all be sent out for all unsuccessful applicants ALL AT ONCE? (For both HKU and CUHK) Thanks!
Referring to previous year's posts, they don't seem to reject people(who are not interviewed) even after the July interview....
One of my friends(who wasn't applying to Medicine ), got rejected by CUHK in September or October........


To dicky: Did they tell you when the list for July will be out? Thanks a lot.
 
It should be the same case...
I guess they will only start rejecting ppl(on the waitlist) when they've made sure that all offers they sent out are accepted and confirmed...

It seems that they also contact ppl for the mid July interview in early June......
Haven't got any news yet...probably means that I'm rejected🙁
 
Last edited:
Thanks asyd. I didn't know about last year, but two years ago, I got my rejection letter in April. Not that I have high hopes of getting in, but since I haven't been officially rejected, my OCD kicks in and I keep 'needing' to check my status... 😳 Heh. Heh. Thanks again!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I put pharmacy and nursing as my second and third choices at CUHK. Their status never change as well. I doubt if they actually update them.
 
To Asyd: the lady told me the previous batch of invitees could actually choose to come either on 17 June or 14 July, and she didn't know whether there was going to have another batch of invitees or not