• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Peds_MD

I'm almost there...
10+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm currently a PGY 2 @ an East Coast Peds program and I'm currently attending interviews for Heme/Onc 2008.I wanted to compare notes with anyone else in my shoes...

Dolce

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi there,
I am a peds intern, just recently completed my peds heme onc month and really enjoyed it! So, I have actually just started looking into what the fellowship requires and contemplating what appears to be more extensive training than the usual three years. I was wondering in your experience with applying and interviews so far, how important completing a research project or publication is during residency. I am concerned because I am coming to this decision perhaps alittle late and still trying to figure out if it is the right path for me.

Any words of wisdom would be helpful! Hope that your interviews are going well! :luck:

Peds_MD

I'm almost there...
10+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey Dolce,

It's nice you're considering Heme/Onc as a possible career path...I think it's the most amazing field in Medicine and there are so many areas just waiting to be explored.

That said,I don't have a background in research and I hadn't published any papers...my residency program is an inner city community peds program.That didn't stop me from getting interviews at the top programs.Fortunately,we get to go thru the match and once you get an interview I guess the onus is on you to prove your interest in the field.Most of the docs who have interviewed me have not viewed no research/no papers as a minus in the race.

So my opinion is if you decide you're interested...go for it!!!

GL

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.