Anyone applying to DLSU for 2007?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureMDdude

Medical Ninja
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to DLSU for 2007? And has anyone been able to access their website recently?

Members don't see this ad.

:) i'm interested in applying this 2007. where u from? and why'd u choose DLSU?
are u in the philippines already and have u taken the NMAT?
i'm from canada. and choosing the DLSU bec. it's not as polluted and crowded as in metro manila.

I'm from California. I took the October NMAT in LA. My friend is actually the one that persuaded me into applying to DLSU. She had looked at some schools this summer in the Philippines and had liked the facilities at and the general area around DLSU the best. I'm headed to the Philippines in January to take a look for myself and possibly apply/interview. I'm also planning to see UERM and St. Lukes, but most likely, it's gonna be DLSU for me. Maybe we'll be classmates :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
:) well that cud be a possibility being classmates. i'm leaving for the phil. this feb. i haven't done my NMAT yet but DLSU is not that strict as other skuls such as UST. i was looking into UERM also but being alone in the phil. wud be pretty hard living in metro manila plus i'm a female. life is getting harder there and poverty has caused a high rate of crimes. DLSU is realy nice. i have a lot of friends there too. do u know if DLSU allows clerkship abroad. i've asked my friends but they haven't replied yet.
talk 2 u soon classmate.

DLSU does allow a few months of clerkship abroad, as long as you make the arrangements yourself.

I believe littleflip66 is right. And I do know about some friends of friends, Fil-Ams that went to DLSU and did some of their clerkships in the US...and they're practicing here in the states just fine. You just gotta put the work into it.

im not a graduate of DLSU but have a few friends who graduate from that school. The campus is good. A small village with lots of apartment buildings are located just a few meters from the school and hospital. I have heard that a lot of trauma cases are being brought to the DLSU hospital because of its proximity to a main highway. a number of coffee shops are also located just outside the school main gate. There's also a nearby mall within walking distance.

i'm ecstatic that there are success stories of people who graduated at DLSU and are in the US now..
hopefully applying to the US for clerkship won't be so difficult though..
does anyone know roughly how much clerkship wud cost in the US when enrolled at DLSU? or the universities that wud accept foreign students for clerkship?
i think i'm leaning more on my possibilites to go to DLSU for med.:thumbup: