Anyone applying to TSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetmurphy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

sweetmurphy said:
I have all the recommendations..etc for TSU, but I just found out that they won't take my physiology class because as of this year they won't take "comparative" physiology- anyways, I don't really have time to take a 4 hour anatomy/physiology class and have a full time job. I was just wondering if anyone else has taken any substitutes for anatomy/physiology that is accepted by TSU?

TSU has changed soooo much throughout the years from recommended gpa, pre-req's and tests. Next year it will be something different :eek:

Caliyaddamean said:
TSU has changed soooo much throughout the years from recommended gpa, pre-req's and tests. Next year it will be something different :eek:

In what ways have they changed? Just wondering. Heheh.

Members don't see this ad :)
starrfishes said:
I wanted to apply there, but it seemed that you almost had to take all of your pre-recs at their school in order to be considered. Well, I guess they can do that at a private university. But, that was a major turn-off for me even though I would love to go there. I felt that I wouldn't be considered at all after reading their pre-recs and admission info. Good luck.

i thought that the pre-reqs that they wanted were totally out there. the rest of texas is pretty similar (with some differences) but theirs is way different.

Thank you guys for all your responses. I've decided to just save my money (something like 150 dollars total?!) and not apply there. I was really sad because I had all the recs and personal statement, but I guess it's not meant to be. This decreases my chances of being in pharmacy school next year :( Ah well.

starrfishes said:

Well, I remember in 1998..they were accepting individuals with a 2.5 gpa and also at the time I dont think you had to take the PCAT. I know also know from WORD OF MOUTH which can be disputed...that they have changed a few things due to their low NAPLEX scores. :)

Caliyaddamean said:
Well, I remember in 1998..they were accepting individuals with a 2.5 gpa and also at the time I dont think you had to take the PCAT. I know also know from WORD OF MOUTH which can be disputed...that they have changed a few things due to their low NAPLEX scores. :)

Interesting comment!!

I have to take 3 more courses in spring only for TSU while I'm done w/ the pre-regs for 2 other schools already... For the changes, i think they need veterbrate bio and physics 2 now.
could anyone give me advice, is it worth such money and effort? i'm so confused.. :(

chuks_pharmD said:
Hi...I am in the same boat as you are.....Even I'm done with all of my pre-reqs for other schools....except for TSU...And so I will end up taking Physics I and II both in spring along with Calc...Since they won't accept Businesss Calc that I have already taken... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Even I don't really know if it's worth spending such money and effort for that school...I am only gonna take those classes because TSU is my Back-up school....

So we will see how it goes.... :)

Well, the responses from this thred have me thinking that the TSU undergrads have a significant advantage over the "usual" Texas applicant.
The lack of outsiders(non-TSU) students that are granted admission to TSU PharmD programs must be slim. It would be an interesting statistic...........a glaring omission from their website.

wheelsonfire said:
Well, the responses from this thred have me thinking that the TSU undergrads have a significant advantage over the "usual" Texas applicant........or should I say appli...."can't"
The lack of outsiders(non-TSU) students that are granted admission to TSU PharmD programs must be slim. It would be an interesting statistic...........a glaring omission from their website.

For physics, outsiders have to take 2 classes while tsu students take only 1.

@chuks_pharm: i'm taking physics II too, along w/ human phisiology for "veterbrate bio" and Lit. Good luck to both of us :( :luck: