Anyone applying to UK?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by zrhim, May 15, 2008.

1. zrhim

zrhim Accepted Pharmacy student

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi there!

Are there any fellow students who'll be applying to UK this year for fall 09!
    I'll be applying for the early admission, and I was wondering if any UK pharmacy students can give me any tips concerning the interview, what type of questions they asked you and so on.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RxWildcat

RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Well, the interview consists of a a small group being interviewed by a panel at first, then two on one with a professor and a pharmacist, and then with the group again by a few students and faculty. It was a nerve wracking experience to say the least. My best advice would be to relax as much as possible and don't try to BS during the interview, because it was reaaaaaally obvious who was giving the BS answers. As far as questions go, I can't remember specifics, but there weren't any off the wall questions. The toughest Q I got was what would you do if you knew your close friend was cheating.

4. zrhim

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well thank you for the advice! So what did you answer when they asked you that question( if you see a friend cheating?) I mean what do they want to hear you say? I would be really speechless I guess, if I get asked that type of question, I get really really nervous at interviews( not that had lots if interview experiences).
    I paid a visit to UK yesterday, and talked to someone in the Pharmacy college, I really liked it there, and lexington didn't seem as boring as people told me, I actually liked it! and apparently they're constructing a new building, isn't that great :thumbup:, I just hope I get in :D
    Although the tuition fees are ridiculously high!

5. acetyl

Pharmacy Student
    UK has a great program...i'd put them against anyone in the country. Lexington is a fun city to live in for school, especially during horse racing times!

6. RxWildcat

RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    I can't remember my exact answer, but it was something like I would confront my friend and give them a chance to turn themselves in before I did. Do you remember who you talked to there? Just curious. Lex isn't bad, theres a decent amount to do here. The new building is going to be ridiculously nice, too bad its finished in 2010 when I'm gone already :cool: Good luck to you!

7. zrhim

Pre-Pharmacy
    I talked to Vicki, the prepharm advisor/recruiter :). too bad you won't get to study in that building :D, but look at the bright side, you'll be a graduate :cool:

8. zrhim

Pre-Pharmacy
    Do you guys know if UK has a taekwondo team?