anyone coming from post-bac program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soundasleep

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, how was the experience for you?

I'm coming from a Humanities background, so I'm planning on doing a post-bac for 2 years to get the pre-reqs. I know it's mostly for pre-med, but I definitely want to keep the option open for pharm. Just wondering if anyone has a similar experience 🙂
 
It's not bad at all, I'm gonna have all my pre-req's done this spring & are currently applying for next fall...Orgo may be your toughest class but If you like chemistry, you will do just fine 🙂
 
I've got an English degree and a year + half a semester of aborted grad program in the same subject. I'm really enjoying the sciences and the ways that they stretch my brain. That's not to say that the humanities don't make you think, but as you'll learn, it's quite different.

I've noticed that my approach to learning science is also fairly different from that of my classmates. That's not a bad thing. Be prepared for an adjustment period as you learn how to study this new material.