Anyone do and not like doctors in training?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gman33

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it seems like every one of my classmates are doing the Doctors in Training course this year. This is based mainly on feedback from some of the upper years at my school.

I know that no one source is a magic bullet, but I've only heard good things about the course.

Anyone do it and not like it? Or do it and felt it didn't prepare them well for the boards?

I am planning on just doing my own thing, pretty much like the Taus method.

Any feedback from past DIT users would be appreciated.
Especially negative feedback (if there is any).
There are already a bunch a threads talking about how great it is.

Members don't see this ad.

Just have some sort of intellectual schizophrenia and make the crazy cross subject connections yourself. That is the best way to read FA, do it actively by yourself rather than have somebody make the connections for you. Also USMLE RX seems to make those cross connections in its page references after the questions. I'm sure the program serves its purpose... but it is not for everyone, that is for sure.

I'm using DIT as a way to get through FA quickly and in a slightly different light. I get really burnt out reading for 8-10 hours a day. It's going to be right before I take the test, hopefully after I make a lot of those connections you're all talking about. I'll have 7 weeks to study, and I think using 3 of them as a fast 1-2x pass through FA will be beneficial for me, especially after I've laid my foundation for the first month.

Like the DIT guy says, if you're looking for a comprehensive, conceptual review, go elsewhere. It isn't a comprehensive review, it's just a tool for people who already mostly understand the material. If you're looking for a program to help you with concepts, go elsewhere. For me, I think this will be the best thing.

There's no 1 size fits all for board study. Everyone learns differently. For me, it will be worth the $200 I paid for it (our school pays a portion of a board prep course). Considering the videos are only about 5-6 hours per day, it leaves me another 5 hours to do my own study in the evening.

Or you can actively read FA, make your own bridges with another supplemental source, and save the time. I'm not even mentioning money anymore.

The guy took way too long to explain a Starling curve and didn't even do a phenomenal job. "Uhhhh exercise moves it to the left".
Another company using subjectivity backed by bias objectivity to market.

I completely agree. I do think that I have bridged the connections using BRS physio and path along with goljan audio. I am most likely going to split the cost with a friend, so 350 from someone to read first aid to me doesn't see to bad :laugh:

By the way, for those of you who do have DIT, is it basically 45 1-1.5 hour lectures? 3 lectures a day? Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel bad for beating a dead horse but I'm pretty sure all the undercover-DIT-posters have run back to the drawing board on this post.

Does anyone have any opinion of THIS years DIT?

I did just a couple videos and have the workbook but I ended up needing to postpone it. The program seems very different from last years, which I was able to take a look at from a friend.

How is it different than last year?

I heard the videos are divided up into smaller lengthens, is that true?

thanks

There are something around 130 videos now, but apparently the total length is about the same. All of the videos have been redone, and the workbook looks completely different. Just from thumbing through it there appears to be a lot more extra information. . . the workbook is about twice the size of the one I saw from a couple years ago.

Any imput from someone currently using this years would be appreciated, like I said I did the first couple videos but I just wasn't really feeling it, so I decided to postpone the service. Trying to decide when and if I will restart it back up.

oh god i hope it doesn't suck! I purchased the new course with the hope that it'll be far better than the previous courses!

From browsing the website, it seems like they've added video explanations for the biweekly quizzes. I assumed that this was the reason for the increase in total video content... otherwise, it seems a bit strange to go from 45 videos to 130 and still expect people to do it in the same amount of time...

From browsing the website, it seems like they've added video explanations for the biweekly quizzes. I assumed that this was the reason for the increase in total video content... otherwise, it seems a bit strange to go from 45 videos to 130 and still expect people to do it in the same amount of time...

Nope it in fact is 130ish videos. Before the 45 videos were much longer in length (~1.5 hours) and now the 130 videos are about 30-45 minutes in length. Wondering what people think of it though so if anybody has done the 2012 version (even you're not all the way through it) please do post. Thanks :D

Nope it in fact is 130ish videos. Before the 45 videos were much longer in length (~1.5 hours) and now the 130 videos are about 30-45 minutes in length. Wondering what people think of it though so if anybody has done the 2012 version (even you're not all the way through it) please do post. Thanks :D

+1. Their website says "80 hours of content" (compared to 65 last year), so I wonder what they've changed. They added more lecturers and changed up their workbook for 2011, but I don't think there was a major change in content... I'm wondering if it's the same sort of thing again or if I should buy the 2012 edition.