Anyone doing or have done the FA Q&A Book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

automan2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My take on it, and I have only done about 200 questions:

1.) The questions are decent, they are fairly "tricky" What I mean is the concept is basic, but they ask it in a sneaky way. I have only done areas that I studied that day, but my scores are generally way above my qbank/UW scores.

2.) The book does NOT follow First Aid like I had hoped. I figured the questions in the heme-onc section would be made from the info from the heme-onc section of frist aid. This is not the case. Each section of questions draws from all over frist aid. EX: Heme-Onc asked for the rate limiting step of heme synthesis, this is related to hematology, but the information covering this is in the biochem section of first aid. Another example is asking for specific information about different tumors, which are covered in different sections of first aid.

3.) Some of the questions are pretty long-winded, not sure if they are that long on the real deal.

4.) There are a few errors, I have noticed about 1 or 2 per 50 question section. EX: Calling BPH hypertrophy and not hyperplasia - and the answer of the question actually depended on it being hypertrophy not hyperplasia.

Bottom line: It's decent for drilling things into your head about first aid, but not as good as UW and I even liked QBank better.

Has anyone done this book and then got their scores back on the real deal? Looking for a correlation (as always, that seems to be the whole point of SDN)

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.